Frogspawn skin peeling?

kaykirk

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 12, 2023
Messages
27
Reaction score
8
Location
texas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! My frogspawn I’ve had for about a week appears to be peeling its skin up from the base. I noticed a blue hermit crab hanging out on it the other day for a few hours and there was just a small white spot on his skin once the crab moved away. I thought no big deal. The next morning the frogspawns skin looks to be peeling a lot more. (See picture) Is this a bad sign? Should I be worried? The frogspawn looks healthy otherwise. Thanks for any feedback.

IMG_2265.jpeg
 
Hi everyone! My frogspawn I’ve had for about a week appears to be peeling its skin up from the base. I noticed a blue hermit crab hanging out on it the other day for a few hours and there was just a small white spot on his skin once the crab moved away. I thought no big deal. The next morning the frogspawns skin looks to be peeling a lot more. (See picture) Is this a bad sign? Should I be worried? The frogspawn looks healthy otherwise. Thanks for any feedback.

IMG_2265.jpeg
Please post your tanks parameters.

In general, crabs arent needed in a reef CUC and can cause more problems than they are beneficial.
 
Please post your tanks parameters.

In general, crabs arent needed in a reef CUC and can cause more problems than they are beneficial.
Hi, thank you for your response.
Tank parameters are below. Nitrates are higher than usual so I’ve added xport NO3 cubes into the filter sock
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2280.jpeg
    IMG_2280.jpeg
    126.5 KB · Views: 90
Raise your mag.
Most likely the crab is eating dead material.
Something is probably wildly different from where you got your frag to your tank.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new