OP
naterealbig

naterealbig

pea brain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is beautiful. I spoke with @Joe Glass Cages about a tank i want to build, he is a crazy awesome guy. Answered all my questions, did a little fun video for me on the durability of the glass (watch out for bowling balls), and got me a preliminary quote. He went above and beyond.
Im hoping to finalize late summer and get my tank on order from him. Have to buy the perfect house to put the tank in first. Your system is fantastic. Can't wait to see it come together. I'll be following along for sure.

Thank you for dropping in, and thank you so much for your compliment. You've got Joe nailed, and what a great video! Best of luck finding your new dream-home. I just purchased a home myself, after living in apartments/condos for the last 9 years, and it is a wonderful feeling. Thank you for following, and please let me know your questions, comments along the way!

OP
OP
naterealbig

naterealbig

pea brain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just wow, great build and love the size. :)

If I was in the States I would be talking with Joe and Glass Cages about my 7 x 4 x 2 build. ;)
Following.

Hi Simon - great to hear from you, and thank you for kind words. I lurk frequently in your threads, and appreciate/share much of your thought and methodology - it's an honor to have to stop in! Wow at those dimensions! It certainly will be show-stopper - I hope you post a link and progress here. Yes, it is a shame you are so far away - Joe is great. Welcome, and I hope you share your critical feedback, and thoughts. They will be greatly appreciated!

~Best

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Simon - great to hear from you, and thank you for kind words. I lurk frequently in your threads, and appreciate/share much of your thought and methodology - it's an honor to have to stop in! Wow at those dimensions! It certainly will be show-stopper - I hope you post a link and progress here. Yes, it is a shame you are so far away - Joe is great. Welcome, and I hope you share your critical feedback, and thoughts. They will be greatly appreciated!

~Best

Thanks for the kind words, I love shallow tanks and want that lagoon feel so even though it will be 2' tall the dimensions should work, they had a similar sized custom to what I originally planned outside the shop the other day and it didn't look right.
Mine will be almost exclusively softies as there are a few fish I want, I will post a link when I start the lagoon thread.
Continued good luck to you. :)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
naterealbig

naterealbig

pea brain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You know I'm a HUGE fan of the GC Studio, but I'm super excited to see your tank! Your plumbing pics are impressive!

Thank you @Katrina71 for the kind words! I am super excited to show it off. Sexy plumbing is a fetish of mine ;Shamefullyembarrased

OP
OP
naterealbig

naterealbig

pea brain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is gonna be an epic build! I cant wait to see how it turns out.

Thank you! I have so much I want to share.... I wish I had just a free entire week to focus on it... but where's the fun in getting everything done in a couple days? :)

OP
OP
naterealbig

naterealbig

pea brain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
wellll...rock in yet:patleast getting dinged now:cool:

Welp, you got me! I've still got a little (lot of) prep work to complete.... I will keep you posted. And I promise that I when I hop on, it will be with a meaningful post (read, "with pic"). Thank you for holding me to the fire. More to come soon!

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
WP_20200313_22_13_26_Pro.jpg
;)

OP
OP
naterealbig

naterealbig

pea brain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As promised - a couple updates:

The eagle has landed! Holy smokes, this thing is monstrous...and beautiful! Incredible work @Joe Glass Cages! You think your prepared for it... Until the first time you try to move it!

3C2AB463-D266-4B12-AEDC-1E6B7D090A2E.jpeg

6C76B0A9-FE32-4360-A049-72857689AB87.jpeg

Took the dining room table out, and put it in the kitchen area. Picked up some furniture, and turned it into a sitting room.

753A745A-AD5C-43EE-BA4E-524912DE9A33.jpeg

Need to level the stand top. Turns out its really hard to completely straighten out 4x6's!

0191725A-6B8D-47E6-969B-48D011C46E4B.jpeg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
YEAH BUDDY!!!!

OP
OP
naterealbig

naterealbig

pea brain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Next steps :

1. Pick up paint and paint walls
2. Level stand top
3. Pick up paint and paint stand.
4. Paint bottom of aquarium white
. @Joe Glass Cages - can I lift this bad boy onto its side and leave for a few days ago I can paint the bottom and let dry?

Last edited:
OP
OP
naterealbig

naterealbig

pea brain
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I love the formica finish, but it just won't go with the look in trying to create in this room... Was thinking of trying to paint the stand with some sort of hard white coating, as I'm afraid regular white paint won't stick to the formica well. Maybe something like textured Rhino Liner? Would LOVE your thoughts and ideas!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 63 77.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 4.9%
Back