OP
woodyetia

woodyetia

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all! The ppm is for TDS, my tap water tests at 220 ppm TDS after I run through my RODI it’s between 0-2 ppm. I have added live sand and base rock (not live) and mixed the sand and added the water. Been running filter for 3 days waiting for cycle with lights off. Tested TDS and it’s very high 1000+ is that normal during they cycle?

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi welcome to the reef going to love it here!!
lots of fun/info/fun/help/fun.... :)

Salty Rambler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! You can track TDS at a few points during the process of making RODI water, but there is no need to test the TDS once you've mixed it with salt, as the salt is itself a disolved solid. Once you have the salt mixed in to the RODI water at the proper salinity and move it to the tank, your focus can shift to monitoring all of the other water parameters.

OP
OP
woodyetia

woodyetia

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So been trying to cycle for over a week with live sand and dry base rock. My ammonia hasn’t spiked it really hasn’t changed at all and is pretty much 0 am I doing something wrong?

Now for my other question my jebao scp-70m just arrived and got it all connected to WiFi etc. how should I angle it for the output? I have it at a slight angle. Also what modes does everyone use? Hopefully this helps with water flow even though nothing in it yet.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting back into the hobby after being out for 6 years after moving. A lot has changed in the hobby in such a short time. I a, now trying RODI and my output is testing at 2ppm. However two nights ago I set up the aquarium added base rock and live sand. I added my RODI water and salt. Now the is testing at 1000+ ppm. Is that normal? I’ll post specs and pic in the members aquarium section. looking forward to chatting with everyone.
What is 1000 ppm? Ahh... didn't read far enough. As others said... not to worry on the TDS of saltwater. Check on those nitrates, nitrites and ammonia levels. This is just the first step of a long journey. Enjoy the ride...
Welcome to the fishy family!!
big eyes fish GIF

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back