From snakes to fish

Wondering if anyone has coral ID on the coral left side on rock? It came with the rock from gulfliverock
 

Attachments

  • 194FAB4C-DAE1-4A14-97DB-8F8B46A96A36.jpeg
    194FAB4C-DAE1-4A14-97DB-8F8B46A96A36.jpeg
    122.4 KB · Views: 174
are they zoas? or hard coral?
 
Can you get a clearer photo for me? Or I'll come back tonight to look more closely (in the sun currently)
Thank you everyone for taking a look , I’ll get another clearer picture tonight. It’s very hard tubes like sps with tentacles sticking out and an orange dot in the center , they remind me of nps corals
 
Just got home , time for updated pictures what is this thing lol
 

Attachments

  • 70A727E3-B66B-4E50-9C6E-0C41183670A4.jpeg
    70A727E3-B66B-4E50-9C6E-0C41183670A4.jpeg
    213.1 KB · Views: 161
  • 9D27EFC9-5930-407A-B5B5-B32881E54E31.jpeg
    9D27EFC9-5930-407A-B5B5-B32881E54E31.jpeg
    162.9 KB · Views: 153
Not too long after this my tank after some good deals with other reefers , I had rescued the tang from a lfs with ich all over ( I don’t qurantine ) and it recovered! Ye introducing disease probly wasn’t the best … but I believe healthy fish don’t get sick so I always supplement feedings with vitamin enrichment
Wait, you knowingly put a fish with ich into your tank? That's a new one o_O
 
almost looks like sun coral cluster?
 
Wait, you knowingly put a fish with ich into your tank? That's a new one o_O
Ok lol I admit not knowing but suspecting , lfs sold me yellow tang for super cheap and When I brought it home I noticed the dots all over it, I also bought a fish before that had lymphocyst but it also survived was a damsel
 
Not yet, I can see doing it in the future , but I’m also limited to just the 40b for now ;Hilarious
You've got a shelf under the 40 b no? That'll hold a 10g with sponge filter.

Wouldn't have helped you much with a yellow tang, but you have options.
 
You've got a shelf under the 40 b no? That'll hold a 10g with sponge filter.

Wouldn't have helped you much with a yellow tang, but you have options.
You right lol it’s definitely something I need to get down the road
 
Photo dump , first pic is after dosing ab+
 

Attachments

  • 4DD54461-3A3B-43F3-AC7A-84DDD0F87FCC.jpeg
    4DD54461-3A3B-43F3-AC7A-84DDD0F87FCC.jpeg
    143.2 KB · Views: 122
  • D5E357D7-5042-4BE5-AD72-FA40E7B1449C.jpeg
    D5E357D7-5042-4BE5-AD72-FA40E7B1449C.jpeg
    192.8 KB · Views: 100
  • 29FC7C25-3F54-45CF-9A07-2ABCED004AE6.jpeg
    29FC7C25-3F54-45CF-9A07-2ABCED004AE6.jpeg
    177.1 KB · Views: 126
  • 475A9001-3097-40E8-A876-8B9D738D0E23.jpeg
    475A9001-3097-40E8-A876-8B9D738D0E23.jpeg
    148.8 KB · Views: 119
How are the new anemones doing?
Doing well , all still bubbled, they all chose weird places to be lol besides the two in the front , one is near the top of the water by wave maker /filter and another is behind my rocks - probly the biggest one to
 

Attachments

  • 30DF2042-0FAC-4201-8E98-087B67A4EE3D.jpeg
    30DF2042-0FAC-4201-8E98-087B67A4EE3D.jpeg
    159.2 KB · Views: 126
  • 8BED6FBD-5FC0-48B6-BAE4-BD3E517D564F.jpeg
    8BED6FBD-5FC0-48B6-BAE4-BD3E517D564F.jpeg
    140.5 KB · Views: 149
Doing well , all still bubbled, they all chose weird places to be lol besides the two in the front , one is near the top of the water by wave maker /filter and another is behind my rocks - probly the biggest one to
do you have a guard on the wavemaker ?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new