Frustrated!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

DiverDavid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Apex has been running smoothly for 2 years, until the other day....

Wednesday I noticed my ATO was not working properly, at the same time one of the WAV’s also plugged into my EB832 stopped working. I ordered a new PMUP, it’s a cheap pump and I figured cheap pumps occasionally crap out. Got it in today, plugged it in...Nothing. Ok so maybe the EB832 has crapped out, so I move the PMUP to a 1Link module changed programming to make the outlet be at the 1Link. Plugged in...Nothing the floats were calling for it to be on, the outlet Linka 4_1 was showing ON. I started a trouble ticket yesterday for the non functional WAV now I’m wondering if there isn’t a problem with the EB832, but when I moved the PMUP to the 1 link and nothing. Now I have no idea how to figure out what is going on. I have a phone call setup for 11:30 my time on Monday but would rather try to get at least the ATO back functional. Any ideas?

JDnKY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a similar issue a few weeks ago. EB832 showing things were on but they weren’t working. I have an extra PB8 plugged into my Apex as well. Turned out that the circuit breaker on the EB832 had tripped and the lights on it were being powered by the PB8 that was also plugged into the Apex. Reset breaker and it all started working again. Was weird that the EB832 had all the lights working when it was getting no power.

Last edited:

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My Apex has been running smoothly for 2 years, until the other day....

Wednesday I noticed my ATO was not working properly, at the same time one of the WAV’s also plugged into my EB832 stopped working. I ordered a new PMUP, it’s a cheap pump and I figured cheap pumps occasionally crap out. Got it in today, plugged it in...Nothing. Ok so maybe the EB832 has crapped out, so I move the PMUP to a 1Link module changed programming to make the outlet be at the 1Link. Plugged in...Nothing the floats were calling for it to be on, the outlet Linka 4_1 was showing ON. I started a trouble ticket yesterday for the non functional WAV now I’m wondering if there isn’t a problem with the EB832, but when I moved the PMUP to the 1 link and nothing. Now I have no idea how to figure out what is going on. I have a phone call setup for 11:30 my time on Monday but would rather try to get at least the ATO back functional. Any ideas?

Do any of the other outlets not work? I had an event where suddenly nothing was working in the EB - although there was power getting to it - and the colors were appropriate. I had to send it to Neptune and they had to replace 2 chips.

OP
OP
D

DiverDavid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do any of the other outlets not work? I had an event where suddenly nothing was working in the EB - although there was power getting to it - and the colors were appropriate. I had to send it to Neptune and they had to replace 2 chips.

It seems like only the 1Link, and the 24 volt stuff is not working, everything else is working fine. I just got home from work and got a notice about apex heartbeat being disconnected. My aquarium is at my office so back to work I go...

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It seems like only the 1Link, and the 24 volt stuff is not working, everything else is working fine. I just got home from work and got a notice about apex heartbeat being disconnected. My aquarium is at my office so back to work I go...

I would be very careful - in that (especially if the tank is not at home) I didnt get a notification that the apex disconnected from Fusion OR a text message that anything was amiss - We had just left on vacation - I noticed a problem only because the temperature at the last reading was 71. I then couldn't connect to fusion again. Good luck!

OP
OP
D

DiverDavid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Killed power, disconnected my Ethernet cable. Restarted and was able to right away connect. Checked the new PMUP that had been moved to the 1 Link it worked. Still have to go back and check the Old pump on the 1 Link and the new pump on the EB832.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back