• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

FS: Vortech MP40 WQD

Status
Not open for further replies.

iReefer12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is an ES model that I did the controller update on a couple years ago, and then put a new Wet side earlier this year. I feel like the magnet on the dry side is not as strong as it used to be, on my 5/8” glass on my new tank, it just slips out of alignment gradually and then causes a slight rattle.

If you have thinner glass or it’s in a place where a slight rattle is not gonna bother you then this is a good option for you. Other than the dry side magnet strength, it all works well and is in good shape. But wanted to be transparent from the get go.

Price: $210 Shipped.

Thanks for looking, DM me if interested.

Last edited by a moderator:

bsr2430

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s pretty common though. Isn’t that why Ecotech provides the little glue strips to attach to the power cable?
Please correct me if I’m wrong. If the power cable is just hanging there, it will cause it to slide down, it’s additional weight on the power head.

Don’t think it’s flawed by any means!
Please correct me if I’m wrong and
GLWS!

OP
OP
iReefer12

iReefer12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah your right, it’s still working fine, but just wanted to be transparent about the magnetic strength, it’s not as good as the brand new MP40 I have, but the unit still works fine.

For those who requested pics, here you go. FYI I Will be using the box my other MP40 came in to ship. Thanks for looking.

image.jpg

OP
OP
iReefer12

iReefer12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here is the pump working, to be fair the noise is not that bad, most of the noise is coming from the wet-side and that’s because it’s not in water.

But wanted to upload so buyer can see for themselves.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• 6F4DCF63-9856-418B-B605-4CE4EB0C13CB.MOV
    12.9 MB

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reminder;

You cannot ask for the buyer to pay paypal fees. Fees are to either be paid by the seller or worked into the sellers firm asking price per the marketplace rules.

Thanks,

Crabs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 52 24.9%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 52 24.9%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 51 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back