Fudsey's 135.4 Box of Water

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope, no split. It still looks like it is but it hasn't completed it.... Maybe it's just me???
May just be growing another mouth getting ready for splitsville. When they do finally split 99% of the time it happens in one night. You’ll wake up to see two or the very tail end of the tearing apart. Ive only ever caught the last bit but once.

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May just be growing another mouth getting ready for splitsville. When they do finally split 99% of the time it happens in one night. You’ll wake up to see two or the very tail end of the tearing apart. Ive only ever caught the last bit but once.

That's kind of what I'm thinking. I looked at the foot last night after lights out and can sort of see where it may split. I am just not really sure as I have never witnessed it before...

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think my wife has been dosing her tank with some of her crown when I'm not looking. :D they seem to be exteamly happy nems.

That's the secret isn't it....;);)

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's kind of what I'm thinking. I looked at the foot last night after lights out and can sort of see where it may split. I am just not really sure as I have never witnessed it before...
I have never seen them split, I wish I could though! I'm sure it would be awesome to watch!

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never seen them split, I wish I could though! I'm sure it would be awesome to watch!

I look at the foot every night trying to see if it is starting or not.

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well tank is starting to get HA in tufts around the tank. Not really sure why as parameters seemed great at last test. Going to test today to see where things are. Was hoping the tang and blenny would help with this but both don't seem to pick at the rocks much. Corals look good as well as the bta.

I've gone back to putting kalk in my ATO but I m only using clear kalk water and not cloudy with precip. Not sure if it is doing much but I will find out after tests are done. Still have to clean the glass at least once a day or the glass is murky. Thinking about starting a fuge of some sort but how and where is what I need to figure out. Water is really clear and looks good to the eye but that is really nothing, isn't it?

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well now I'm thoroughly confused. I was figuring I would have had high nutrients for the HA to be growing as fast as it is but nope. I know that it absorbs them and will skew the readings but they are low to nonexistent...

Sal - 1.024
Ca - 430
Mg - 1420
dkH - 6.78 (low so dosed some to bring it up)
pH - 8.0
PO4 - .0399 (need to change out GFO I guess)
NO3 - <1 (dosed NeoNitro to bring it up)

Added Vibrant to maybe help with HA and also dosed some iodine and ESV B-ionic. Just not sure where to go from here for the HA.... o_Oo_O

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some pics of the tank. You can really see some of the HA tufts in the Blenny pic.

Blenny2.jpg

Can't keep these 2 apart :)

Trachy37.jpg

Progress pic of the Christmas Monti

MontiGrowth.jpg

Bird's nest 9/2
birdsnest1.jpg

11/3
birdsnest3.jpg

FTS day 159

Day159.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 35.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 30.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%
Back