Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some pics

Day459Desk.jpg

Welcome to my Aip farm ;)

LongNoseHawk9.jpg

Copperband6.jpg

Been waiting for this since I got the Nem, She has been getting at the porcelain crab to get him to get out.

Clowns16.jpg

Clowns17.jpg
Great pictures and it’s all looking very nice

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some pics

Day459Desk.jpg

Welcome to my Aip farm ;)

LongNoseHawk9.jpg

Copperband6.jpg

Been waiting for this since I got the Nem, She has been getting at the porcelain crab to get him to get out.

Clowns16.jpg

Clowns17.jpg
Nice clownfish pics!

I hope your hawkfish gets better soon.

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have been struggling with my alk and cal as of late. As of the 1st, my cal was at 500 and wouldn't come down. I turned my dosing way down. Been dropping it from 90 ml/day on July 28th to 64 on Aug 24th and it still was reading 500. On the 1st I dropped it again to 54ml/day and overnight it dropped to 250. So I bumped the dose back up to 66 ml and tested again on the 2nd and had no change, 250. Bumped it up 78 ml and tested on the 3rd and again, no rgeal change. Today, tested and again, no real change. So I bumped it again, this time to 90 ml/day. Now I go downstairs to the sump and look and see I forgot I had stopped dripping Kalk on the 1st as well. Well shiaaaaaat you moron...... Now I understand why.....

I also had my PO4 go up a little to .077 and since I ran out of ROX, I just put GFO in the reactor. Big mistake..... I have never run just GFO and when I looked at the reactor there was about 1/2 as Much left of the GFO than what I put in it.... Toooo much flow through it and it was grinding itself to dust.

Was wondering why all my sponges were turning brown.....

Turned flow down on the reactor, made up some Kalk and cleaned the reddish brown gunk out of my skimmer. Will test Cal tomorrow and see where it is before I turn the Kalk back on..... #honestyinreefing

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, received the ROX today, removed the reactor and cleaned it, what a mess. I will never run GFO without mixing with ROX ever again. Everything was rusty colored including the sponges in the tank. I put a piece of filter floss in to catch some of it last night and it was almost completely rust colored.

After cleaning, I mixed 3/4 cup ROX and 1/2 cup GFO and put it in the reactor. Only took about 1/2 an hour and the tank was completely clear again. Now it looks as clear as it did before I ran out.

Still having an issue with getting calcium back up. Dripping Kalk and raising the dose has done bupkis. It actually fell again. I'm guessing it's around 200 as the RS test does not tell you at that level what it is. It's crazy how it won't go up. I might have to go get another test kit and check to see if it's the RS test of it is actually that low. I can get a Salifert test from my LFS and was going to get one today but work got in the way ;)

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, received the ROX today, removed the reactor and cleaned it, what a mess. I will never run GFO without mixing with ROX ever again. Everything was rusty colored including the sponges in the tank. I put a piece of filter floss in to catch some of it last night and it was almost completely rust colored.

After cleaning, I mixed 3/4 cup ROX and 1/2 cup GFO and put it in the reactor. Only took about 1/2 an hour and the tank was completely clear again. Now it looks as clear as it did before I ran out.

Still having an issue with getting calcium back up. Dripping Kalk and raising the dose has done bupkis. It actually fell again. I'm guessing it's around 200 as the RS test does not tell you at that level what it is. It's crazy how it won't go up. I might have to go get another test kit and check to see if it's the RS test of it is actually that low. I can get a Salifert test from my LFS and was going to get one today but work got in the way ;)

Good to hear u got it cleared up pops.

PanchoG

The Force will be with you. Always.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I wander what else you will buy in the LFS... lol

OP
OP
Fudsey

Fudsey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope, nope and nope.... ;)

I have 2 peppermint shrimp, snails and have only rarely seen any aggression. If you get one small usually they will not eat shrimp as they can't fit in their mouth.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope, nope and nope.... ;)

I have 2 peppermint shrimp, snails and have only rarely seen any aggression. If you get one small usually they will not eat shrimp as they can't fit in their mouth.

Maybe you need to find a fish that will eat the pepps.. for the sake of ur hammer. ;)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 150 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back