Fuge only opinions temporary

S2G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had enough and about to take a sledge o matic to my skimmer. Now to the opinion part. If it was you would you
A: limp the skimmer along until early next yr

Or
B: cut your losses and extend your chaeto into the skimmer area.

I can get dark nasty skim but ive only been able to get it to run efficiently ah 3-4m out of 12. Any little thing sets it off then it overflows for a few wks then the rinse repeat.

Anyway thoughts?

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Skimmers are finicky things for most of us I think. If I don't turn mine off when I feed, it goes a bit crazy for a short time frame. If I add any additives like amino acids it goes crazy for 3 to 5 hours, if my water level changes much it either quits making anything or goes crazy and over flows. Over my nearly 20 years in the hobby I've had 5 different skimmers and they have all been a bit fussy.

kireek

PLANESWALKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully with some adjustments it will get earn it's keep.How long have you had it up and running?

OP
OP
S2G

S2G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What brand is it, that way others who have that one may be able to help.
#reefsquad

Bubble mag curve 9. Honestly im done with this thing. Im going back to RO and tunze.

Hopefully with some adjustments it will get earn it's keep.How long have you had it up and running?

It's been probably a yr now. Ive done everything in the book with it. Works fantastic when it works. Lifes too short for finicky skimmers.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before I went external I had 2 RO units and both were great as long as my sump chamber water level remained steady. I have an external unit now and dont worry about water level in sump.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back