Fuge vs Turf Scrubber

m.kristoff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Been out of the hobby for a while and currently building a 155. I have space to to setup a remote fuge. Im thinking between 20 and 29 gallons maybe. I also have been looking the Turf scrubbers. Im trying to figure out which one would be best for my setup.

Is running both an option?? Is a remote fuge more efficient ? Curios to hear what others are doing/opinions

Have clean slate. space and time to work with.

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally i prefer a fuge with cheato. Gives a great place for pods to grow and in my opinion is simpler. All i do is take a huge chunk of cheato out weekly.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am now just setting up a remote fuge, 30g's, on my 120.
The goal is to stop using po4 reducers and become more natural in controlling no3 and po4.

It will also allow me to have a 3" sandbed and keep things that I cant in my bare bottom display.

Down the road I will run it opposite my display light for a higher ph.
Check my build thread as I just posted today pics of the tank im plumbing into my 120's sump.

OP
OP
m.kristoff

m.kristoff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Am now just setting up a remote fuge, 30g's, on my 120.
The goal is to stop using po4 reducers and become more natural in controlling no3 and po4.

It will also allow me to have a 3" sandbed and keep things that I cant in my bare bottom display.

Down the road I will run it opposite my display light for a higher ph.
Check my build thread as I just posted today pics of the tank im plumbing into my 120's sump.
that is exactly what I was thinking as well. I think both methods will do that same.

Trizz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
go with what is more feasible for you, the both have great benefits, Fuge with Cheato is great if the Cheato is tumbled and not still standing, also you have to remember to watch for browning of the Cheato die off and so forth, turf scrubber
set and forget for 3 to 4 weeks, check clean and monitor p03 and p04 when you get to the level your looking for set a light cycle opposite of your daytime lighting, and adjust hours accordingly that's it..

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back