Full-Tank or Moving Fish Shots

  • Thread starter Thread starter dbartkow
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dbartkow

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 28, 2009
Messages
66
Reaction score
8
Location
Rochester, NY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for some tips on taking full-tank shots. Every time I do it, the fish come our blurry because they just don't want to sit still for me :)

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I am using a Canon Rebel XTi.

Thanks,
Dave
 
gotta speed up your shutter and turn your ISO up to catch enough light..
I shoot my FTS's to "stop" the fish in motion at 1/125- 1/200
Iso 600-800 and Fstop as low as it can go
Shooting a CANON Rebel XSi
 
Definitely NOT a Pro here but I managed to get some good shots with the XTI.
For fish I use the TV setting. Slower moving fish I have set to 1/125 and for faster moving fish a bit higher. If you can try to shoot in RAW format and adjust the WB with software. Use also a Tripod so you don't shake to much. Try to follow the fish and just keep taking pictures. Don't wait until you think you will make the perfect shot and then take only 1 picture. Most of the time it fails this way.
Out of many many you will get a few good ones....

Here are a few shots..Not perfect but not that bad either...

picture.php


picture.php

​
picture.php


picture.php

180G_5.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new