Full Tank Shots... Let's see progression pics...

10 Months (before/after)! Locked in a battle w/GHA but not bad overall!
9.24.2022
10b.jpg

7.15.2023
10a.jpg
that's impressive for ten months......my was a nightmare from month 12 to month 36
 
that's impressive for ten months......my was a nightmare from month 12 to month 36
What part of it was a nightmare? GHA? I went ahead w/a Flux treatment and even after day six i've seen a huge reduction. Also got a GFO+Carbon system that im going to set up once the treatment is over and post water change. I'll post an update again in a few weeks with some more progress hopefully.
 
1st pic 11/21/21 2nd pic 7/1/23
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1860.jpeg
    IMG_1860.jpeg
    128.6 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_0718.jpeg
    IMG_0718.jpeg
    294.5 KB · Views: 189
6 months in and my 75 is starting to grow.
I spilled the calcium into it one night and killed my corals so I had to start over with them
I bought some Tampa Bay rocks last month and it's really coming to.life now. It grows a little every day now.
Its stocked with
2 clowns ( Bubbles and Waves)
Yellow watchman ( Gomer)
Prawn goby ( Hoppy)
Canary blenny ( Fang)
Scooter blenny ( Scooter)
2 sepant stars one hitchhiked on the rock the other was a bday gift from TBS
Some kind of crab that I have only seen once the other night
Wills lights
Max Flow 620 canister filter
2 power heads 650 and 1150 gph
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20230917_204510164.jpg
    IMG_20230917_204510164.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 152
  • IMG_20230917_204503946.jpg
    IMG_20230917_204503946.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_20230917_204457367.jpg
    IMG_20230917_204457367.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 139
6 months in and my 75 is starting to grow.
I spilled the calcium into it one night and killed my corals so I had to start over with them
I bought some Tampa Bay rocks last month and it's really coming to.life now. It grows a little every day now.
Its stocked with
2 clowns ( Bubbles and Waves)
Yellow watchman ( Gomer)
Prawn goby ( Hoppy)
Canary blenny ( Fang)
Scooter blenny ( Scooter)
2 sepant stars one hitchhiked on the rock the other was a bday gift from TBS
Some kind of crab that I have only seen once the other night
Wills lights
Max Flow 620 canister filter
2 power heads 650 and 1150 gph
Don't put any rabbit fish in there. That macro algae will be gone in a few days
 
RedSea max nano peninsula, set it up 3 days ago. Everything is angry and the tank is cloudy. Will be fun to post a progression screeny in the coming months :)

pxl_20230920_020202626-jpg.3329769
PXL_20230920_020215495.jpg
PXL_20230920_020229715.jpg
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20230920_020202626.jpg
    PXL_20230920_020202626.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 744
I have been mostly fresh water systems for most of my life but decided to try something new. This is my saltwater aquarium, I have a 75 gallon with a r200 refugium sump. Currently the tank is mixed reef with corals and fish. Fish include a blue tang, fox face rabbit fish, a blue cleaner wrasse, two clowns, two fire fish, a cleaner shrimp and a tuxedo urchin. Hoping to learn more about the hobby and build upon what I currently have.
 

Attachments

  • 20230924_153823.jpg
    20230924_153823.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 178
Amazing ! what lighting are you using in this tank ?
Thanks. I was running an ATI hybrid for the first year, and switched to an orphek atlantik afterwards.
Best improvement was seen after i switched the gyre's for Tunze 6095's in combination with an oceanmotion pivoting device. Totally random flow everywhere in the tank.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 20 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new