Fungia’s

TnFishwater98

Drink more fishwater there! And I still want more!
View Badges
Joined
Nov 7, 2017
Messages
6,545
Reaction score
7,829
Location
Nashville TN
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CB0795F3-BE70-4E27-9424-D4F73628FC90.jpeg
9700032D-FDD0-41AB-AE92-E1E12C45852D.jpeg

I just got my 2nd Fungia plate last week. It’s been blown up and happy since I put in tank.
Two questions
1- It keeps moving next to my other Fungia plate. Even if it’s a different Fungia species it’s ok for them to touch ehh? It keeps pressing against my other Fungia. When I move it , it slowing works it’s way back to my first Fungia. Just want to make sure they won’t sting each other.

2- Like I said it seems very happy since in the tank and has been blown up the whole time. I’ve fed it a couple of times but today it’s mouth is wide open. My older green Fungia always has mouth closed. What is it trying to tell me?
 
Very nice plate (I have one just like it, so I'm biased of course!)
1. Mine doesn't move at all, but it is a good 5-6" wide (you're lucky!) I haven't seen my fungia sting or anything else sting it back, so I think it's relatively peaceful.
2. Could be it's full. The mouth on mine alternate between open and closed quite frequently. Fairly normal from what I gather.
 
They can touch each other and I think they feel more natural closer to each other so maybe just let them be that way.
Lol, that’s what I was thinking, the first night it went all the way around a rock to get to the other Fungia... So I separated them and the next day right back touching. Makes me want to get a bunch!
 
They can touch each other and I think they feel more natural closer to each other so maybe just let them be that way.
Mine smashes himself up with my acanthos and other big meat corals, no harm between anyone and I used to keep moving him away but he kept going right back so I leave him now. Everyone is fluffy so I'm okay with it
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new