Fungia Plate Emergency

bubbasguppies

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 9, 2014
Messages
261
Reaction score
318
Location
Leesburg, GA
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I woke up this morning to seeing my plate in danger. I'm not sure what's going on or what to do. Nothing has fallen on it to damage it either. I did notice a blue leg hermit crab on it that I moved to the sump. Wife is freaking out as it's "her" coral,lol.
Parameters are as follows:

pH - 8.02
Ammonia - .25ppm
Nitrite - 0ppm
Nitrate - 5ppm
Calcium - 455ppm
dKh - 9.0
Magnesium - 1300ppm
Salinity - 34ppt
Flow - medium
Lighting - medium

20190901_113732.jpg
 
Mine was very sensitive to light when I added it, and started to look kinda like that. I moved it under an overhang where it gets Indirect light and the flow gives it plenty of food. It recovered pretty quickly and has grown a bunch
 
So I gave it a dip and more of the outer edge came off. I have noticed that the mouth is gone as well.....am guessing this means death.....
 
Do NOT take it out of the tank. You'll be amazed at what can happen in 6 weeks.
 
I have had a plate recover. If you are getting an ammonia reading, you may consider a water change.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new