Funk's 75 Gallon Leather Forest

Well Queenie decided to eat just about every SPS coral in the tank and has even nibbled at the palys. Tank is almost empty of coral now. Did grab a few leathers and some assorted softies to see what happens. The sps she didn't eat started showing STN and montis bleaching. Turns out feeding seafood multiple times a day raised my nitrates well over 100ppm so I dusted off the sulfur reactor from storage to help assist. Video of the tank now below....

20250801_095208.jpg



 
Little Update. Not exactly what I intended when I set up the tank but pretty happy with it so far. I'll need to thin out the fish soon and get some new ones.


 
Well decided the queen angel was ready to go. The experiment went as well as expected lol. Traded her to a service guy who was a keeping a large FOWLR and got a pair of flame angels.

20250930_185548.jpg


20251001_133528.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 20250930_185548.jpg
    20250930_185548.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 17

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new