Funny(?) shrimp tale

Glass Algae

Show Me The Anemone!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So let me start this by saying I have a history of seizures and during those siezure sometimes I have had dream like states where things seemed normal but slightly off like a bad dream only to wake up on the floor realizing I had a seizure. SO with context settled let's move to yesterday.

So I had added two cleaner shrimp to my display yesterday for the first time ever as I'm a newbie, and unfortunatkey one of them didn't survive acclimation while the other was very healthy. I was a little distraught about it but I was sure it had died even though people had said sometimes they're just shocked. I feared I may have thrown away a live being and I felt bad. Alas it was definitely dead in hindsight...

Fast forward to today I went to do my evening feeding and when I looked into my tank I saw two cleaner shrimp clung to the bottom of my live rock I immediately had an instant blood pressure rise and panic. So icalled my gf over to confirm two shrimp as she had seen the dead one being taken around the tank by the flow. (mind you it was lights off in the room during this event). She instantly is as perplexed as I am but she's laughing. All the while I think I'm in siezure twilight zone panicking to the max questioning reality. So I sit down with my Blood pressure at sprint pace.

Finally I got up and grabbed a pippete and told her I had to confirm that a fill size shrimp appeared in the tank.

The shrimp had molted between breakfast feeding and evening and almost gave me a heart attack.

Guess my iodine was good...

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back