Fused Millepora

lemonade

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just noticed the other day that my ASD Milli has fused with a wild sunset type milli next to it. Maybe they’re sensing some similar genetics?

Wild Milli
B2067CC6-13A3-496D-B3F4-AE85049B5EF0.jpeg

ASD Milli
89F36D16-1A75-4394-9E72-1B46AFBD2026.jpeg

Close up where they have fused together
58FD7058-4B7A-432D-A8E3-4E7F66CD82A7.jpeg

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks cool! We'll see what, if anything, sprouts from the fusion area. Keep us posted as time ticks by.

OP
OP
L

lemonade

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very good indication that they are one and the same.
I would agree. However, these have grown side-by-side since they were small frags and there are some clear differences which I would not expect from the same coral being only an inch or two apart. Time will tell for sure

Graffiti Spot

Cat and coral maker
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man if the purple and green mille graft goes for 2000 a half inch (or whatever the price is, wouldn’t doubt it being that I surely high) then your on your way to being rich :) two awesome corals and one nice looking graft starting. Keep us updated.

OP
OP
L

lemonade

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man if the purple and green mille graft goes for 2000 a half inch (or whatever the price is, wouldn’t doubt it being that I surely high) then your on your way to being rich :) two awesome corals and one nice looking graft starting. Keep us updated.
I usually group same species in my tanks hoping they will play nice as things grow in, and I also like the look it creates. I have 5 Millepora on that rock all very close together with the others being much different in appearance. These two I put extra close to each other so they have grown into each other first. It will be cool to see what happens as they all begin to collide

Perry

Follow me on IG- perrys_reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to cut a tip of ASD Rainbow Milli and Sniper SPS bubblegum milli and try for same effect. Looks awesome!!! Keep the thread updated, looking forward to the progression :)

OP
OP
L

lemonade

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to cut a tip of ASD Rainbow Milli and Sniper SPS bubblegum milli and try for same effect. Looks awesome!!! Keep the thread updated, looking forward to the progression :)
That would be awesome. I recently made a Frankenstein frag of my Fox flame and Golden Jawdropper. I suspected they were the same species for a long time and finally decided to try it. I mounted them with their bases together and I'm just starting to see some encrusting from both so hopefully they will end up merging

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back