Fuzzy Lionfish/Maintenance

alexytman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking into a dwarf fuzzy lion found at my LFS (he's about 2in maybe even less). However, I wanted this to be a reef setup with corals and would like to know if it is very difficult to stick frags on rocks without the possibility of being stung. Or do they just avoid your arm

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maintenance in my tank is an adventure, I have 4 and they are super friendly. I don't think they are normal but it's my fault. You see I "almost" hand feed them; I drop the food right before they take it out of my hand, I not that brave(er stupid). I have to use a rigid airline to swat them away while I'm doing maintenance. Once my fu gave me a full body check on the forearm, no sting but I think I let out out a little "yip". Just always make sure you know where he is before you put your hand in...

OP
OP
alexytman

alexytman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maintenance in my tank is an adventure, I have 4 and they are super friendly. I don't think they are normal but it's my fault. You see I "almost" hand feed them; I drop the food right before they take it out of my hand, I not that brave(er stupid). I have to use a rigid airline to swat them away while I'm doing maintenance. Once my fu gave me a full body check on the forearm, no sting but I think I let out out a little "yip". Just always make sure you know where he is before you put your hand in...
How did you get your lionfish to eat? I think mine is a mombasa lionfish (all it said was lionfish in store, soo... i just went to liveaquaria to check) He won't eat frozen fish at all, I haven't tried with live fish yet.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you get your lionfish to eat? I think mine is a mombasa lionfish (all it said was lionfish in store, soo... i just went to liveaquaria to check) He won't eat frozen fish at all, I haven't tried with live fish yet.

I feed mostly live, it's easy to find many of my post here detailing my feeding setup and routine. Mombasa's are another one of the difficult to feed species that I find do better with a live diet. Get live ghost shrimp and get him settled in, it's very important to get these guys eating. Once eating you can determine how you want to proceed. You will have a more active and happier lion if he is hunting and pouncing on live food.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 21.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back