Fuzzy white stuff

  • Thread starter Thread starter DJRhox
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

DJRhox

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 5, 2016
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I'm new here and to saltwater in general. Have been lurking for a while just learning as this is my first tank ever.

Anyways, I have a picture of something growing on one of my rocks. Hopefully the picture works.

It's the cobweb'ish looking white stuff. The ones on the lower middle/left have like white tipped spores almost on it. None of my hermits or snails will eat it (all of it anyways as it does look to be less than it was when I got them), and I'm pretty sure my Royal Gramma (only fish I have in here) was taking it into his cave and maybe building something with it. Anyways, any help would be appreciated!

I'm very new to this so it's been quite difficult searching for this and I have yet to find a match through my own searchings.

13002458_10156830052840788_5595641830581298393_o.jpg
 
Kind of looks like sponge. [HASHTAG]#reefsquad[/HASHTAG] what do you guys think
 
Theres 2 different creatures in this photo. The curley stalks that come out are vermetid snails/worm, then Theres thousands of species of sponges, one of witch looks like spiderwebs witch might be what your seeing
 
It could be hydroids.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new