FW fish disease ID

ReefGuy1234

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Have some neon tetras and two of them have this weird brown-ish cloudy spots on there fin. I can't Identify it but I think it may be - fin rot or neon tetra disease?
I can't get a picture but their fins are torn from them nipping at each other so it could be something bacterial. All I can do is describe it.

My main concern is the mollies with them because I dont want whatever the tetras have to get to the mollies. I'm going to acclimate the mollies over to salt and the ones I have they have very cool colors and very nice tails.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
HI, might want to check the stickys in the fish disease forum,
@Peace River may know FW help.
pics will definitely help.
best wishes...

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I Have some neon tetras and two of them have this weird brown-ish cloudy spots on there fin. I can't Identify it but I think it may be - fin rot or neon tetra disease?
I can't get a picture but their fins are torn from them nipping at each other so it could be something bacterial. All I can do is describe it.

My main concern is the mollies with them because I dont want whatever the tetras have to get to the mollies. I'm going to acclimate the mollies over to salt and the ones I have they have very cool colors and very nice tails.
It can be a challenge to diagnose diseases especially without pictures, but based on your description of the discoloration of the neon tetras fins you may want to do a good search for "neon tetra fin rot" to see if the images are similar. This is fairly common with neons and often treatable. The searches should also provide treatments and steps for future prevention. Good luck with your fish!

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 34 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back