Status
Not open for further replies.

EliteReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Vamp so you are still waiting on it? WOW! I couldnt imagine paying that much for a frag let alone for a frag that would take at least 2 years to get.

Was this frag from another vendor?

not sure if your are kidding or not but what he meant was that he has not seen growth of a NEW polyps yet. not that he did not receive it at all

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
not sure if your are kidding or not but what he meant was that he has not seen growth of a NEW polyps yet. not that he did not receive it at all

UUMMM Ya I was kidding right....LOL! Misunderstood, sorry. I dont know what I have waiting list drilled into my head!

TyreeUM

the other Tyree...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haha stix are you comparing the lord that vamp posted the pic of to a lord that is at best green and red candystripe from the indo? Of course you have vendors growing sps and lps and selling them, the growth rates on some of them are incredible in fact I have an indo acanthastrea that more than doubles everymonth. You wouldnt waste your time aquaculturing a coral that only grows a polyp a year at best and sell it for 20 dollors, aquaculture is a "business" so maybe you just dont understand how a business works. And your 1,250 dollor plane ticket to the south pacific might give you a chance to look at some of these acans, but you guys are also forgetting a little regulation that went into practice I think in 1979 called cites.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No doubt it is a beautiful and rare peice! I am not saying it isnt worth that to you.

TyreeUM

the other Tyree...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haha for sure rev..it is a lot of money (money I dont have thats for sure)

Stixbaraca

Zoanthid Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trust me I understand business...and like I said there are "people" out there that will pay those types of prices...I just think it is a joke! $1200+ for a couple polyps that don't grow? I have an amazing purple and white stripe non-indo I got for free that throws a couple polyps off every few months! To each his/her own I guess! I guess it's like that guy that was trying to sell a Paly polyp of something for $600 way back when...sometimes people see through those types of sellers...and sometimes the turnip truck comes round and someone falls off!

...I am still not sure if Vamp was bragging or crying about paying that much for the frag he posted a pic of!

...there is a reefer who has some seriously incredible lords and micros for a fraction of those prices...and most of her stuff (if not all) has been in her collection and growing for a long time...prior to sale!

Last edited:

TyreeUM

the other Tyree...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
id like to know who sells quality non-indo lords for less than 50 a polyp....please send me in their direction

vetteman

licking zoa's
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's an example, 2 years ago I paid $1250, for a 4 -1/2 polyp frag of this:

watermelonlord.jpg

I haven't gotten 1 polyp off of it. If and when I do get a polyp off it should I sell it for $50?....

I'd get a feeding pump and force feed mysis and cyclop-eeze in those bad boys

Vamp75

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...I am still not sure if Vamp was bragging or crying about paying that much for the frag he posted a pic of!

I said I was not going to debate but yet you still feel it necessary to attack/insult me. Maybe you should develop your manners before going on a crusade about aquaculturing.

I put up a post to help inform people who might not know and are just assuming that polyps are popping off like leaves. I'm happy with what I paid for it. If I get any babies off it cool, if not cool. I don't care. Would I do it again, yes.

Could the rest of us see this "non indo" piece you got for free?

bryan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't see where anyone attacked or insulted you Vamp, this is an incredibly friendly crowd here. We may push your buttons a bit if you make a comment on a discussion board that you don't want to discuss something...see the irony? :) But at the end of the day, beers for all! :)

Darren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea let's try to play nice here. Vamp I get that a lot from folks that come over to buy or trade frags. They ask about my Lords and seem very surprised at the price. I enjoy collecting and looking at them so it is worth it to me.

Stixbaraca

Zoanthid Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second that...I was not insulting you at all...I was honestly unsure if you were bragging or not!

As for the super nice stuff Tyree...your not looking hard enough I guess...check out www.jendub.com Then drop her a line and see what if anything has grown out and what she has available! I have seen when she has posted stuff for sale on her website frequently...and it never is to the tune of $1200!!

Vamp75

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As for the super nice stuff Tyree...your not looking hard enough I guess...check out www.jendub.com Then drop her a line and see what if anything has grown out and what she has available! I have seen when she has posted stuff for sale on her website frequently...and it never is to the tune of $1200!!

On this note, you have proven to me that you are clueless. Ask Jen what a polyp of Pinky is going for and then get back to me!!!!!

P.S. Jen & I know each other quite well :)

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This isn't a ticking contest forum.....

Let's keep it civil people......Or take it to PMs.

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok the argument is over guy's.......Let's take it to PMs before it gets out of hand. We don't like closing threads so please don't make us.....

CherryCorals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could spend 1200 at Jendub, no problem.

Nice Lord Vamp, to bad its not kicking off any kids. My lords from Michael Bae took about a year before they started growing.

Vamp75

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could spend 1200 at Jendub, no problem.

Nice Lord Vamp, to bad its not kicking off any kids. My lords from Michael Bae took about a year before they started growing.

Thanks, I got you a couple really nice frags, they should be ready to go by next week :D

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
EVERYBODY RELAX.............and send me a frag of every Lord you have for calming ths situation.

CherryCorals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rev, your avatar is giving me a headache!!!!! I can't tell where the beard stops and the face starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 39 19.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 147 74.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.5%
Back