Status
Not open for further replies.

plaz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not affiliated with CaptiveReef - I just saw that he has one package of high end non-indo acan lords that can be pre-ordered up on his site. I thought someone might be interested.

I-K@ndY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there goes my bonus next month lol....

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that is ridiculous, how can someone charge that much for newly brought in corals?

oh, nevermind, he does include shipping and heat pack with that....

bryan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha! I want 2 heat packs, or, for that price, I'd prefer a box with radiant heating throughout the styro foam, a gift card for a massage once the wife beat my head in, and a lap dance! :D

twon8

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for 1250 i'll take the plane trip to the south pacific myself.

reefboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
he's got nice stuff seems be a nice guy ive bought a few things from him but to spendy to buy anymore lol

Darren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow tough crowd here. :) I have bought some of his (Mike's) Lords and they are very nice. He is generous with the frags and they are 1st class.

Vamp75

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the whole point here is charging a large chunk of money for corals he doesn't even have yet. It's kind of like trying to sell the Golden Gate Bridge...

As far as his prices, there is a lot of leg work to get these corals. Some of these Lords reproduce rather quickly, some don't. Hence the high price. You might be lucky to get one polyp per year and that is why they command the high prices.

The last time he did this he was charging 1k and all the ones he got in were red & green.

Just my opinion here guys so don't crucify me :)

Stixbaraca

Zoanthid Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it is our job to "crucify" vendors out there who are strictly trying squeeze every last dollar out of hobbyists for corals...especially wild caught corals...rather than promote what most of out consciences sponsors are doing with aquacultured corals at reasonable prices!

Vamp75

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not going to turn this into a debate, but your comparing aquaculturing Zoanthids to Acanthastrea Lords. It's really like comparing apples and oranges...

Here's an example, 2 years ago I paid $1250, for a 4 -1/2 polyp frag of this:

watermelonlord.jpg

I haven't gotten 1 polyp off of it. If and when I do get a polyp off it should I sell it for $50?

Your remark to "crucify" vendors like me is a little harsh don't you think?

I am still a hobbyist and if I want something I pay the price. That just the way it goes....

Last edited:

Stixbaraca

Zoanthid Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
show me where I mentioned Zoanthids in my post please! We have one sponsor in fact that is aquaculturing everything from chalices, zoos, sps, and so forth... Don't you feel like $1250 for that is a joke...even 2 years ago??? Those lords are going for under $20 per polyp! And no I don't think it is harsh at all that we protect each other from vendors who are strictly slashing corals from the wild and charging exorbitant amounts of money for them. Of course there are always suckers willing to pay that much...but more conscientious hobbyists know that not paying that sends a bigger message!

Stixbaraca

Zoanthid Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks...you have a nice day also. And don't forget...a little healthy debate is a good thing sometimes...as long as it is kept in check!

Darren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vamp let me know when that does grow out. :D I know what you mean about the growth. I have about 10 "Non Indo" Lord frags / small colonies now ranging from 1 to 5 polyps. Of those I have had 1 or 2 show decent growth, 5 show very slow growth, and 3 show no growth at all. Now the lone Micro that I have grows very well.

Vamp75

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will :) I haven't seen this morph anywhere else. It's one of my favorites with a perfect hot pink ring in there. I call it the watermelon lord.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey Vamp so you are still waiting on it? WOW! I couldnt imagine paying that much for a frag let alone for a frag that would take at least 2 years to get.

Was this frag from another vendor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 30 21.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 102 72.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.3%
Back