FYI: DIY lighting "shortcut"

  • Thread starter Thread starter oreo54
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 18, 2017
Messages
7,044
Reaction score
4,189
What state or country do you live in
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
https://www.ebay.com/itm/1333606168...j37-dAIu3BsqM6dJ9y_NXe3yCPCvJs2xoCmvIQAvD_BwE
Just ran across this.. Interesting idea. Also customizable.
I don't see any method of current control besides the 20v power supply limit.

De-solder the ends and add 7ldd-hws and it's a $200 constant current dimmable panel in the color of your choosing..
Not sure 20V's is enough but (3x6 = 18 reds help drop the V(f)
Adding a different ps would help but adds to TCO.

More for curiosity than functional.
 
That’s way above my head, but thanks for the details
 
It would be tempting if it used at least cree diodes, but I think it would be more cost effective to just buy a black box and I think you'd get more for your money too. But I guess that's why no one really does DIY LEDs anymore.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new