Optics for NanoBox v3 array

Steven Garland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 10, 2016
Messages
2,611
Reaction score
1,818
Location
Deltona,Florida
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So I have a NanoBox v3 retro kit in my T5 fixture. After doing some testing with a phone app lux meter (which I know is not the best option. But with all 5 channels at 100% 9" above my tank,at the water line I am getting a hair over 100 par. I am wanting to get some more light directed into the tank. Has abybody used these glass optics ?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2955192061...h1CRT9mN1GrHzs5kT5vKHM0b-wDAW3IRoCBvcQAvD_BwE
 
Probably better to spend your money on a better fixture that to try and improve this one. Keep this one for use in emergencies or for a holding tank or frag tank.
 
Probably better to spend your money on a better fixture that to try and improve this one. Keep this one for use in emergencies or for a holding tank or frag tank.

And why is that ? Supposedly I am being told I just need a proper par meter. From thr par graphs I should be getting roughly 500-200 par.

There is nothing wrong with the light as far as I am concerned.
20230119_180158.thumb.jpg.9d4fd43811e096f7567ac779b82a3399.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new