G3 to G4 pro, power supply

  • Thread starter Thread starter dr.fish
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dr.fish

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
May 30, 2013
Messages
61
Reaction score
45
Location
Quebec city
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

I am switching G3 to G4 pro in a couple of days. Since i have the big with boxes for power supply attached to the frame of my tank top and i have 10 to change, i am wondering if i can use that power supply for the G4pro instead of the new one? I know that the G4pro have more watts but maybe the old power supply is enough??

Thanks.
 
When my 4 gen 3's went for a swim, I was able to make a deal for gen4's.
They sent me just the light fixtures and a adapter to hook up to the older style white power supplies.
They seemed to work just fine and I saw no threads that said there was a issue with this.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new