G5 Lower Cover Cracks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim at EcoTech

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We identified an issue that may cause the lower cover on G5 Radions to crack around its retaining screws. Some background information: the countersunk holes are being over-stressed when assembled due to a molding issue affecting the overall size of the lower cover. We have remedied this by installing captive washers behind the countersink holes to eliminate deflection on the cover during assembly and reduce the stress that the housing experiences. This resolution was put into production once the issue was identified and new units have been shipping with the fix in place.

If you happened to receive a G5 Radion with a cracked lower cover, we are extremely sorry and would like to send you a replacement lower cover under warranty. The replacement covers come with four screws with the captive washers pre-installed, as well as the tool needed to perform the replacement operation. To receive a replacement lower cover kit, please email your G5 serial number(s) to our customer service department.

This problem does not affect the performance or reliability of your light and your warranty will not be affected in any way by replacing this cover yourself. There is no danger or risk to your light by waiting to replace the cover.

We have also created an instructional video located here:

1586809383588.png

1586809405851.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back