G5 radion vs ReeFi, which is better for SPS dominant tank

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do the ReeFi have pre programmed sps schedules? Also can I use my iPhone to access the programming page or will I need to use a computer? I read recently someone was having issues accessing it and had to use google chrome
They do have a pre-programmed SPS schedule. Many of us are growing SPS without issue using the Reefis. I don't use their SPS schedule, rather a more whiter, custom schedule. You will need a browser to access the programming page, as it's not app based.

OP
OP
CaptPatrick

CaptPatrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do have a pre-programmed SPS schedule. Many of us are growing SPS without issue using the Reefis. I don't use their SPS schedule, rather a more whiter, custom schedule. You will need a browser to access the programming page, as it's not app based.
Are the schedules able to shared and imported? I will need to contact Daniel to see if they are compatible with the safari browser on iPhones.

Kodski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do the ReeFi have pre programmed sps schedules? Also can I use my iPhone to access the programming page or will I need to use a computer? I read recently someone was having issues accessing it and had to use google chrome
You can use google chrome on your phone to access the control interface. You just need to be connected to your home WiFi network. So while there is no app per say, you can control the lights via your phone.

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How happy are you with them after one year?they look more blue or white? ( I'm not like to much heavy blue) They are other comparaison vs the radion g5, wich spectrum is better?

enb141

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has been almost a year since last post, how do you guys are after 1/2 years with this lights?

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What were your previous lights before you got your ReeFi?
I've run a variety of lights including Radions, Orphek Atlantik, ATI sunpowers, Nanobox hybrids, Giesemann Infiniti MH/T5. The lights I replaced with ReeFis were the Giesemann MH/T5 fixture.

enb141

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've run a variety of lights including Radions, Orphek Atlantik, ATI sunpowers, Nanobox hybrids, Giesemann Infiniti MH/T5. The lights I replaced with ReeFis were the Giesemann MH/T5 fixture.

From all those lights, the ReeFi smokes them all?

Do you plan to use ReeFi instead of all the other lights you have mentioned?

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From all those lights, the ReeFi smokes them all?

Do you plan to use ReeFi instead of all the other lights you have mentioned?
I would not be comfortable saying that it “smokes them all”… that’s a strong statement.

Do I like the ReeFi for coral growth, coverage and to minimize light spill? Absolutely. I can’t definitively say that growth or coloration is better than any other light source though. In other words, it works great for my purposes.

If I had to set up another display, I would get Reefis again.

enb141

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not be comfortable saying that it “smokes them all”… that’s a strong statement.

Do I like the ReeFi for coral growth, coverage and to minimize light spill? Absolutely. I can’t definitively say that growth or coloration is better than any other light source though. In other words, it works great for my purposes.

If I had to set up another display, I would get Reefis again.

How many ReeFi do you have?

mbonus

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's your tank size?

Apparently, now there's only ReeFi Uno 2.0 Pro, that has 114 LEDs (270W), not sure why.

Just a guess, but this is a small business, so when the older products runs out of stock, I don't think they do another production run. Reef-fi probably keeps some stock on hand to support the 3 year warranty.

I do notice on their website that there is still some Duo Extreme availability, but the UNO2 is the latest developed light and with the added par increases and reflectors, you may be able to get the same/better coverage with the UNO2.

enb141

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a guess, but this is a small business, so when the older products runs out of stock, I don't think they do another production run. Reef-fi probably keeps some stock on hand to support the 3 year warranty.

I do notice on their website that there is still some Duo Extreme availability, but the UNO2 is the latest developed light and with the added par increases and reflectors, you may be able to get the same/better coverage with the UNO2.

Yes, that's probably the reason why they only have Uno 2.0 right now.

But my question is if I will be able to get covered with 1 light, because I can't afford 2 Uno 2.0.

If I can't cover my tank with one Uno 2.0, I was thinking to get 2 reef flare pro S, I know the Uno smokes the Reef Flares, but I can't afford $1100 + importing fees for my lights.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 16.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 55 53.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.8%
Back