G6 Radion xr15 blue light schedule

N11morales

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 28, 2020
Messages
815
Reaction score
234
Location
Angleton
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What light schedule do y'all run on ur G6 radions? I'm new to radions and just ordered the xr15 blues for my tank.

Tank dimension: Planet Aquarium 70 Reef (36 1/2 x 18 1/2 x 25 1/2)

Plan to run two xr15 blues. Curious on pictures and light spectrums people are running on these lights. I haven't found many light schedules for the blues out there.
 
I run a custom "Radiance" schedule. If you click on my build thread to the left, on the first post there's a link to my schedule which you can download to try out. This is for a standard 2' high tank so you may need to adjust the intensity down by 10-20%.
 
I run a custom "Radiance" schedule. If you click on my build thread to the left, on the first post there's a link to my schedule which you can download to try out. This is for a standard 2' high tank so you may need to adjust the intensity down by 10-20%.
Ty I’ll check it out! I’m going to have the rms mounts. Are u using the same?
 
Yes, I'm running the RMS mounts so the lights are about 8-9" above the water surface. My tank is 2' deep, though.
Ur lights the g6? What’s the difference if I ran ur light schedule? It should look pretty similar right?
 
G5. Yes, it should look very similar. You may have to make one or two minor adjustments.
Alright ty I’ll try this out. Lights should be getting here tomorrow! Can’t wait to see what the tank will look like. Lights about to shut off but I’m assuming I should do an acclimation mode along with reducing intensity a bit like u suggested? These torches been in my tank almost 2 weeks. Use to be kept in 210-250 par. My sandbed right now is around 100.
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 327
Alright ty I’ll try this out. Lights should be getting here tomorrow! Can’t wait to see what the tank will look like. Lights about to shut off but I’m assuming I should do an acclimation mode along with reducing intensity a bit like u suggested? These torches been in my tank almost 2 weeks. Use to be kept in 210-250 par. My sandbed right now is around 100.
You’ll be lucky to get 100 in the sand bed with g6 15’s. You might on the overlap but that’s about it as the lights aren’t par monsters lol.. I have 3 and they do nothing. I added halides and now they just supplement my big boys.
 
You’ll be lucky to get 100 in the sand bed with g6 15’s. You might on the overlap but that’s about it as the lights aren’t par monsters lol.. I have 3 and they do nothing. I added halides and now they just supplement my big boys.
I'm getting around 150 with my G5 Blues @75% schedule, but I'm also running diffusers (G6 Blues without diffusers should be comparable).
 
I was referencing my template.
I ran 2 of them over my 60gal cube at 80% on the ab+ schedule and stuff struggled on the sand bed.. acans, hammers etc… my sticks were good about 8” down at max.
 
I ran 2 of them over my 60gal cube at 80% on the ab+ schedule and stuff struggled on the sand bed.. acans, hammers etc… my sticks were good about 8” down at max.
I know there's an overall PAR hit with the G6 - I just didn't realize it was potentially that much...
 
So u think it’s alright to start at a higher intensity? Was gonna do 50% I don’t have a par meter yet.
 
So u think it’s alright to start at a higher intensity? Was gonna do 50% I don’t have a par meter yet.
If you're using my template and your tank depth is roughly the same, you can certainly start at 50%. I do run mine at 75% (which may actually be a bit on the low side, but I don't like the fans running all of the time).
 
I was never able to get ur schedule onto the app ‍can’t convert the file on my phone.
If you're using my template and your tank depth is roughly the same, you can certainly start at 50%. I do run mine at 75% (which may actually be a bit on the low side, but I don't like the fans running all of the time)
 
If you click on the link I also posted a spreadsheet with the settings that you can use to create a template manually.
Could u please send that to me? I can’t find it again. Idk the file just won’t covert on my iPhone tried multiple ways. On the link.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new