Galaxea vs GSP

  • Thread starter Thread starter Biokabe
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Biokabe

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 21, 2016
Messages
2,554
Reaction score
3,628
Location
Tacoma, WA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My second tank, an IM20, is rather chock-full of GSP. I don't mind it so much, as it's my low-stress, don't-worry tank. And I don't really have a problem peeling back the mat from the rockwork as needed to keep it under control. That said, it would be nice if there were sections of the rockwork that weren't covered with GSP and that would stay that way even without my intervention.

Enter the notoriously aggressive Galaxea. Were I to clear out a spot for it, are the sweepers strong enough to clear out a zone around it, or is GSP resilient enough that even a Galaxea can't hold its own?

Of course, I don't currently have a Galaxea, but Live Aquaria claims to have a pair on Diver's Den, and I have a gift card that would otherwise go to waste, so... may as well?
 
Galaxea would probably do the job really ineffectively but when I got my first galaxea it decimated xenia
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new