Galaxea vs Torch?

HighCoastReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
image.jpg

I recently ordered this torch however it seems like it either hasn’t opened fully or it’s polyps aren’t extended. Could this possibly be a galaxea coral instead of a torch?

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say torch. Those are some majorly long heads! Any more info on it? Did you see a photo before purchase? And how long have you had it in your tank? I have had torch corals go through all phases between short and stubby to long and stringy tentacles. But it does take them a while to really settle in and do their thing. Flow, light, nutrients etc will all affect how they look.

HB AL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely torches, don't know how long you've had them but if the conditions are good in your tank then they should act normal within 2 weeks at most.

OP
OP
H

HighCoastReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say torch. Those are some majorly long heads! Any more info on it? Did you see a photo before purchase? And how long have you had it in your tank? I have had torch corals go through all phases between short and stubby to long and stringy tentacles. But it does take them a while to really settle in and do their thing. Flow, light, nutrients etc will all affect how they look.
I don’t know the specific type of torch it is. When they arrived I was very surprised that the heads were that long. I have only had them for a week.

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya. I would cut those all the way down and remount. They look very healthy.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 24 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.7%
Back