Galaxyhydro Wifi controlled LEDs?

Psiber_Syn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just saw this post sorry I did get it to download but on my LG v10 it dont connect I have a cheapo tablet that it works great on though I contacted the people they was no help at all fyi lol

DeepBlueSomething

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! A funny thing happened, after about 50 trys to download the app i sent a pic of the barcode to a friend's ipone. I scanned it and low and behold it actually downloaded the app onto my galaxy s8!
I appreciate your help though!

On your android device - did the app function? On my iOS device, the app will not function! It detects the lights on the network as intended but I can never get the "check" to select for manual, auto, etc!

I am even more confused because I have a 'sister light' previously running on the 'aqdim3' app - which worked great, but is no longer functional as its been removed. Argh!

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. On my android s8. When i used the barcode, i kept getting some weird asian internet site that had cartoons and vids of young asian women dancing and doing stunts. I jad been in contact with the ebay seller and they were trying to help. After my
20180213_084425.jpg
20180206_220930.jpg
coworker took a pic of the barcode from my phones screen, and i scanned it from a pic on his phone it downloaded properly and works. Originally it would only work on a ipad. To explai more this is the barcode. The image of the app is what would open. The image of the circle is what would download. When that was opened it was the weird site. Now i have the functioning ap which is the fish icon. 20180206_220930.jpg
20180213_084749.jpg

DeepBlueSomething

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks -- I have successfully downloaded the app on my i-phone, but some of the critical buttons don't seem to work.

Can you 'check' the mode buttons like, manual or auto, to turn them green and control your lights? I am unable to on the i-phone.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks -- I have successfully downloaded the app on my i-phone, but some of the critical buttons don't seem to work.

Can you 'check' the mode buttons like, manual or auto, to turn them green and control your lights? I am unable to on the i-phone.
Yes everything works on both the ipad and now my android. This weekend the other three on the display tank go live, then when i get the other shipment two are going on the sump/ small fish,seahorse tank and one on the coral quarantine tank.

DeepBlueSomething

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to get things working through using my ipad -- so that is good! Thanks for your help -- still no clue what to do with the light that was previously timed using the AqDim3 app which has been delisted -- leaving me unable to modify its settings.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does it have the reset light on top? Mine do. I think if you go to the about us area on tje ap, it has the instructions to reset the light to the original settings

DeepBlueSomething

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a reset button, but the company that sold me the 'new' ones with the Aquarium Light app said the AqDim lights won't work with that App -- seems I might just be stuck in no mans land as far as wifi control for the older ones

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that there are people who know how to go in and rename the devices so they pick up the new program. Like they do with unlocked phones. I dont know how to though. Possibly if you go to the forum for the diy controllerkit, some9ne there who lives near you could do it.

DeepBlueSomething

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know that there are people who know how to go in and rename the devices so they pick up the new program. Like they do with unlocked phones. I dont know how to though. Possibly if you go to the forum for the diy controllerkit, some9ne there who lives near you could do it.

Good idea-- I will follow-up there. Thanks again

Redwetjen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you get the app to work then. I can download it but it won' connect

Peskin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi, i used to have the aqdim3 app and worked flowlesly but it was pulled out from the appstore, so i downloaded de Aquarium Light app, this new app does not seem to find the light, even putting it as access point or conecting it to my router.
i can connect to the the light ip address and see all parameters, so the wifi card in the light is working ok, it is just the app does not seem to find it,
I contacted manufacturer and was told i have to replace wifi card in the light as new app does not support it.
I find that difficult to believe as i can find it with a computer.
any comment, or anyone who can connect using the new Aquarium Light app and can show the ip parameters?
Here are mine, thank you.
Captura de pantalla 2018-06-27 a la(s) 00.03.31.png

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suggested that you check to see if your running on 5g as i have lights that had the same issue,not being detected. The manufacturer told me that they only work on 2.4g. I added an extender and reset the lights and they work. This is my original router and the extender that i had to set to 2.4 i also had to connect my phone to the extender so it could talk to the lights. 15300765938925413413329718644803.jpg 15300766428883572040971171701336.jpg

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 83 48.0%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 31.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.9%
Back