Gall crab got nabbed

Arcticreef

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 3, 2020
Messages
30
Reaction score
57
Location
Timmins
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed bright orange claws sticking out of my Elegance coral yesterday and immediately recognized there was a Gall crab lurking. I waited for this afternoon for the now slightly irritated coral to retract a bit. I found the crab on the flesh and not in a burrow. Glad I caught it early before it dug down, or return to its burrow wherever it might be. Elegance is bouncing back. Last time I had to remove a Gall from a brain coral it didn't end well for either creatures sadly.

20220113_182308.jpg 20220113_193336.jpg Screenshot_20220113-193524_Gallery.jpg 20220112_140129.jpg
 
I noticed bright orange claws sticking out of my Elegance coral yesterday and immediately recognized there was a Gall crab lurking. I waited for this afternoon for the now slightly irritated coral to retract a bit. I found the crab on the flesh and not in a burrow. Glad I caught it early before it dug down, or return to its burrow wherever it might be. Elegance is bouncing back. Last time I had to remove a Gall from a brain coral it didn't end well for either creatures sadly.

20220113_182308.jpg 20220113_193336.jpg Screenshot_20220113-193524_Gallery.jpg 20220112_140129.jpg
I’m Learning something new today! Love R2R! Best of Luck! Following
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.5%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.9%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 28.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 6.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new