Galxea help

Swav8tor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4C2158C4-5FAE-47C4-9507-605BCB1A95BB.jpeg
just purchased a small frag of this LPS, then realized its recommended to keep 6-8 inches clearance from other corals. Does it really need that much, don’t think I have that much space in my 16g nano...might have to trade it even before I pick it up.

nfrench2100

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes. Galaxea Coral needs ATLEAST 6-8 inches of room away from other corals. Sweeper tentacles get long. I’ve seen them get much longer than that actually. And they pack a mean punch on other corals. 9 times out of 10, they’ll win the fight.

I was warned by my LFS when I purchased mine, and eventually got tired of not being able to use the top right side of my tank, and I returned it.

Beautiful coral tho, but man are those sweepers mean

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes.....super aggressive coral. Here is a pic of mine before I re-homed him due to potential carnage...and that was just one sweeper. Imagine a whole corals worth lol....One trick is to pay attention to the direction of water flow and place them there. If they are close to the glass, and the water is pushing straight up against the glass, the sweepers will follow. Just have to be careful when you shut the flow off.
Sweepers1.jpg

Kellie in CA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yup, the sweepers are insane. I had mine in the corner with the flow blowing it mostly away from other corals. But after a while I got tired of stressing about it so it got a new home.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back