Game Changing Livestock

Have you ever added livestock that was a game changing addition to your reef?

• YES

Votes: 240 69.0%
  • NO

Votes: 106 30.5%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 2 0.6%

• Total voters
OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Urchin. Good natural way to clear my ulva outbreak.

Pre Urchin
Pre.jpg

Post.jpg

Thanks!

Urchin Hat.jpg

Dang that's funny and good info! LOL!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other than the Diamond goby (best thing for my sand) is adding the peppermint shrimp. I added 10 and am down to 3. (Coral banned shrimp ate them when they were small) The PS have all but eradicated my aptasia problem. It took time for them to grow and venture out from their cave. But they are almost all gone. I hope the do the same for my Zoa problem.

Frag_mad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few as I use fish as CUC where possible. The biggest shock in a positive for me was adding a regal angel. I’d struggled with black liver sponge for years and was having To remove rocks to clean it. Every LFS I talked to advised it was management with no cure... wrong..... this guy loves it!!! 263B5095-4EB1-42F0-9D9C-051B68AA81A3.jpeg

Pau Hana Reefer

got reef?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two... yellow coris wrasse took care of a major spirorbis outbreak last year and recently kept the DT clean from a detritus worm outbreak. My one spot foxface took care of a few stubborn patches of hair algae and I think might be helping with bubble algae too.

Martin Turrubiates

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely my Diamond goby and my lawnmower Blenny they keep the tank clean sand bed and the rocks and glass definitely worth the money and they are little characters lol

GSnake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lawnmower blenny is always full on algae and tank looks cleaner, snails, and wrasses for pest free acros - never had and never wish to have any sps pest problems

i would say sand sifting goby for a perfect sand bed, but that also means having sand put on your sand bed corals, (if you have any)

Sam816

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for me it was fighting conches. Best CUC in my tank.
Same. Little guy runs laps around the tank. Also have a single trochus that takes care of diatoms one Rock structure at a time.
My foxface is QT. Hopefully he will be ready before algae phase.

Techno10

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My yellow and blue hippo tang do a good job. Need to get a diamond goby for sand cleaning.

Spoonz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got two - 2 spotted gobbies and put them in the quarantine tank.
The LFS sold me frozen brine shrimp to feed them but they aren't eating. Any suggestions?
lg_71536_Two_Spot_Goby.jpg

Ffelrod

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, during a recent trip to my LFS, I saw they had a Molly that had been born and bred in Saltwater. It was only $7, so I decided what the heck. Glad I did!! After the quarantine period and introduction to the tank, I found that this little guy is very social. He interacts with everything and anything in the tank. I currently keep: clownfish, watchman goby and a fire fish. The Molly is very active and swims everywhere. The other fish have started to come out of their shell and I’m now seeing them out and about more often.

Wayne P.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tiger pistol shrimp and orange-spotted goby pair. Great to begin with, then started stealing frags, now as they get bigger they are covering up frags that are on the rockwork. And when they steal one, it's gone til a couple of weeks later when you find a frag plug with a skeleton or nothing.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 35 34.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 20.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 28 27.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back