Gaping clam from Seattlecorals

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jtwinn26
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jtwinn26

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 29, 2020
Messages
81
Reaction score
13
Location
long beach
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a crocea clam recently from seattlecorals. It’s a beautiful clam but it has been gaping from box to now in the tank. Seattlecorals only helps out if it arrives dead, not practically dead. Still gaping. Parameters are perfect (same as in my display tank where I have three other healthy clams). Acclimation for 30 mins using drip method. Any ideas?
 
Not too much to do but see if it calms down. Make sure to keep it in good light and adequate flow. Sorry, sometimes they just do not make it. Bummer. Hope it makes it.
 
Here’s pics
 

Attachments

  • 62ED02F6-554C-4F90-BE49-3CACD64DFD70.jpeg
    62ED02F6-554C-4F90-BE49-3CACD64DFD70.jpeg
    159.6 KB · Views: 172
  • 4A120891-6D04-4DF3-8CD4-CF71ECE41B30.jpeg
    4A120891-6D04-4DF3-8CD4-CF71ECE41B30.jpeg
    136.8 KB · Views: 145
She is gaping a bit, but not horrible. I have seen worse. I hope it comes around quickly.
 
Clams will gape for up to a few days when acclimating to a new system and water parameters.
 
Agree, minor gaping but not horrible. Acclimation can case this. Give it a few days.
 
I don’t like how the mantles are detaching from the clam shell. You said 30 mins acclimation which depending on the HP level it may not be enough.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new