Garcia's 210g

Cment

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry to hear man, always one of my biggest fears when buying a new or used tank. was the tank holding water when you went to look at it?

OP
OP
Gabriel Garcia

Gabriel Garcia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry to hear man, always one of my biggest fears when buying a new or used tank. was the tank holding water when you went to look at it?
Yes it was holding water at sellers house and at mine for about a month. Tank is 7 years old so I guess **** just happens.

Mr Tony Metoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow.... I definitely feel you about trying to fix it yourself.. Sometimes you got to know when to cut your loses before yo lose more... See what your able to save.. Check that stand out.. See if it was the issue.. See where you placed the tank if that was the issue and if so what can be done to remedy it.. Then take your time and decide what you want to do.. Do you want try another 210? If so do you want to go new or wait for a used one? The time waiting can give you time to get your gear up so don't feel rushed.. Took me 3 years to redo my 75 lol but it's a work in progress.. Patience is key in this hobby so don't let this break your spirit.. To be honest it's better now then later.. You could of lost corals,fish and could of happened at a time when you weren't there.. Soo the glass half full is better then the one half empty lol

Reefaddict305

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow.... I definitely feel you about trying to fix it yourself.. Sometimes you got to know when to cut your loses before yo lose more... See what your able to save.. Check that stand out.. See if it was the issue.. See where you placed the tank if that was the issue and if so what can be done to remedy it.. Then take your time and decide what you want to do.. Do you want try another 210? If so do you want to go new or wait for a used one? The time waiting can give you time to get your gear up so don't feel rushed.. Took me 3 years to redo my 75 lol but it's a work in progress.. Patience is key in this hobby so don't let this break your spirit.. To be honest it's better now then later.. You could of lost corals,fish and could of happened at a time when you weren't there.. Soo the glass half full is better then the one half empty lol

Gabriel I agree with him bro, this gives you more time to gather your stuff that you need and even start saving for another tank. And also luckily it didn't happen while your tank was fully set up cuz you could've lost live stock as well. What do you plan on doing now?

OP
OP
Gabriel Garcia

Gabriel Garcia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I talked to my LFS about a replacement tank. I can order one if I decide to go that way. Honestly I've got everything I need to get started. I'm putting some feelers out maybe sell this tank to someone who is willing to fix and risk it. To me the cost of a new tank is worth the piece of mind. Not to mention how much the damage would be if it breaks while I'm not there.

Mr Tony Metoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I talked to my LFS about a replacement tank. I can order one if I decide to go that way. Honestly I've got everything I need to get started. I'm putting some feelers out maybe sell this tank to someone who is willing to fix and risk it. To me the cost of a new tank is worth the piece of mind. Not to mention how much the damage would be if it breaks while I'm not there.
Great a plan... Now check that stand to see if it was the issue and check that area you plan to place it.. Hopefully the issue was the old tank and not the place or stand...

OP
OP
Gabriel Garcia

Gabriel Garcia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank was 7 years old used with that same stand the entire time. I check and it level so all I can think is maybe the stress of the move and age. Once I get this tank of the stand I'll mess with it some more. Thank you for the advice.

OP
OP
Gabriel Garcia

Gabriel Garcia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here goes round 2. Got the new tank in and painted the back black. Plumbing is all attached, and water test complete. TANK IS LEVEL and was level before so that wasn't the issue. I couldn't recreate the rock scape so I'm just doing a fresh one. Got salt water mixing and I'm currently rinsing the sand. Wish me luck. More pictures to come.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1449326725.893714.jpg

OP
OP
Gabriel Garcia

Gabriel Garcia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you guys. I got rock and sand in the tank. And about 30g so far. Since this tank doesn't have the closed loop I'm looking at getting two jebao rw15s anyone have any experience with theses?

Mr Tony Metoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a pair of JEBAO pumps as well in my system can't remember the model.. I bought them so long ago but they are strong and very quiet.. Since my new system has been up and I have incorporated a herbie system into my plumbing it has been totally quiet.. The only loud pumps in my tank now are those mp40wes smh.. I'm gonna find out the model I have and get back to you... Tank is looking awesome by the way.. Looking forward to following this build [emoji106][emoji106]

OP
OP
Gabriel Garcia

Gabriel Garcia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And my first fishes. Are acclimating to the qt tank.
Blue Kole Eye Tang
Sailfin Tang
Blue Hippo Tang (already named Ellen by my wife)
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1449542578.939876.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 23.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 56 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back