Garf bonsai w/ STN?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Just_Pete
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Just_Pete

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 13, 2017
Messages
533
Reaction score
438
Location
Bucks County PA
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so I noticed by garf bonsai starting to show signs of white at the base. I had a temperature fluctuation about a week ago where my tank dipped into 75 as my heater crapped out on. Luckily I noticed the faulty heater and replaced the temp back to 79.

Could this be signs of STN?

712F89DC-9C24-4CD0-830C-AEF1F00A2EFD.jpeg
 
Are you keeping any other SPS? 75 isnt that low and swings of 5 degrees happen with storms on reefs. It does look like STN to me or a pest. Where is your LR from? Also what is your po4? I have scene high po4 cause STN like that.
 
Looks like it. If it progresses i would cut and reglue
Thanks. I'll give it a few more days and see if it gets worse. Might just do that.

Are you keeping any other SPS? 75 isnt that low and swings of 5 degrees happen with storms on reefs. It does look like STN to me or a pest. Where is your LR from? Also what is your po4? I have scene high po4 cause STN like that.
Yes I have other SPS in the tank. No others appear to have the same symptoms, only this GB. I'm hoping its not a pest or something else... Just put in a Disney and would hate for it to catch whatever his one has.

LR was dry pukani that I cured for three months prior to setting up the tank. Tanks been up and running since May 2018.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new