Gator Reef - Red Sea Max e170 Build

GatorReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just started my tank. I started with live sand, dry Marco rock that I aquascaped with super glue and crushed rock. After a few weeks of running the tank, I added a clownfish that I had in my old nano tank and then a few weeks later added 3 Green Chromis and 3 small hermits. I have been running a Seneye since probably the 3rd week and to date it hasn't shown any ammonia. I have been testing with some strips as well and haven't seen any ammonia, nitrite or nitrate. puzzling to say the least ...

As for equipment, I also added a titanium heater from BRS, which included an ink bird thermometer and a Tunze ATO 3155. so far the system is functioning well, but I cant figure out how nothing is changing in the chemistry of the water. Ph started around 8 or so and dropped to 7.8 at which time I increased Ph with some buffer I had laying around (I'm not sure whether this was a bad idea or not), but the Ph has dropped back to 7.8 again. That leads me to believe there is ammonia in the tank but it doesn't show on seneye or on test strips ...

If anyone has any clue what is going on, let me know please!
IMG_1415.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
GatorReefer

GatorReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pH will fluctuate. Are the fish healthy and are all your other water parameters good?
Yes. Everything is good so far. Just tested again and still no significant nitrates. I added a small green star polyp and turned on the lights for the first time. Let’s see what happens …

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 70 75.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%

Back