geekpure 3 stage ro system.

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I just got the geekpure 3 stage ro stystem(im a teen so..) and idk if my parents will really allow me to drill into the water pipes on a sink, so can I install it on a faucet(the faucet is more like a hollow screw, it has threads at the end of it) instead of drilling into a pipe? and are there any easier and less destructive ways to installing one?
thanks,
stewy14

The_Paradox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends where your putting it. If you have room in the laundry room, just add a splitter, probably NPT, after the faucet the washing machines cold water line is plumbed to. If it’s in a bathroom or something they also make FIP splitters. Either way there is no need for cutting or drilling. You just need to know the thread pitch and get a splitter and a 1/4” adapter.

OP
OP
stewy14

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends where your putting it. If you have room in the laundry room, just add a splitter, probably NPT, after the faucet the washing machines cold water line is plumbed to. If it’s in a bathroom or something they also make FIP splitters. Either way there is no need for cutting or drilling. You just need to know the thread pitch and get a splitter and a 1/4” adapter.
ok thanks :D, i think I do have a splitter lying around somewhere, probably on my house

OP
OP
stewy14

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WAIT, i found something, would a fill hose work? if I connected it to the sink, then to the ro, would that work? and since it is ro and not rodi, can I just instantly put the water into the tank?(i have dry reef, bacteria, instant ocean sea salt, arag alive special grade reef sand) or do I have to do something to it

The_Paradox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WAIT, i found something, would a fill hose work? if I connected it to the sink, then to the ro, would that work? and since it is ro and not rodi, can I just instantly put the water into the tank?(i have dry reef, bacteria, instant ocean sea salt, arag alive special grade reef sand) or do I have to do something to it

You probably want a reservoir and float switch so you can have water on hand. Otherwise you will spend hours filling your tank assuming you do water changes. If you don’t do water changes then you could get away with just filling a 5 gallon jerry can every so often and storing it for top-off.

OP
OP
stewy14

stewy14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You probably want a reservoir and float switch so you can have water on hand. Otherwise you will spend hours filling your tank assuming you do water changes. If you don’t do water changes then you could get away with just filling a 5 gallon jerry can every so often and storing it for top-off.
ill probably just keep checking the amount of water, or just do some calcs of how fast it can fill a 5gal homedepot bucket

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back