OP
tj w

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a good question. I do not know. Will have to do some research on that.

Bradw18

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
as far as him not having any feed back all I can say is everybody has to start some where. Try typing in his user name on yahoo and see if you get any hits

deerhunter06

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a good question. I do not know. Will have to do some research on that.
I guess nothing would really change between an auction and buy now type deal. I'm just not familiar with anything like this. It has me very interested though. I have always wanted a gem.

Brian Kim

Color My Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure how this whole deal involving a wholesaler works. I mean, it will take a day to get the fish to a wholesaler here in the US (Most likely CA) then have the fish overnighted to wherever you are located. That means, the fish will remain inside the shipping bag for a minimum of 2 days or as long as 3 to 4 days.
I highly doubt it will have any chance of surviving that sort of abuse.

deerhunter06

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure how this whole deal involving a wholesaler works. I mean, it will take a day to get the fish to a wholesaler here in the US (Most likely CA) then have the fish overnighted to wherever you are located. That means, the fish will remain inside the shipping bag for a minimum of 2 days or as long as 3 to 4 days.

So obviously the wholesaler has to benefit from this somehow otherwise why would he do it. Is there any chance they would put it in fresh bag of water when it arrived in US ?

Brian Kim

Color My Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I highly doubt they will take the risk of losing the livestock by acclimating it in their system prior to shipping to the final destination, just my opinion
That would make them responsible for DOA warranty

OP
OP
tj w

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Valid point, I'd like to know this as well. Obviously they wouldn't have a DOA refund without some type of risk management involved

deerhunter06

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From the guy selling: No there is no wholesaler involved, i dont see a wholesaler in the US will sell a gem tang at USD800 and consider it a deal. Price is FOB Mauritius, I ship from here, but before that you need to check very well with your broker about custom clearance. I will send you health certificates. Better is order some other fish as well so as you cover your shipping charges, or group order with some friends. I have other fish in stock, send you for wholesale price.

jduck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New message from seller

Hi, I am a fish collector in Mauritius. The price of USD 800 is FOB price but shipping is available to US, only thing you need to check your custom clearance before i send you fish. I will send all papers, health certificates. Yes i have a wide stocklist of other fish too, we collect daily.

$800 fob, so you have to figure out how wholesale company that will ship it for you. Not sure how much they are going to charge you for 1 fish.
You think a wholesaler is going to want to dilute the market and drive the prices down?

Last edited:

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Geez it's starting to look pretty convoluted!

David Becher

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

After communicating with this individual myself and reviewing the listing on e-bay, it appears that he is sending us all the same thing(which I guess could be considered a good sign). If I can make a suggestion for everyone though, just buy the one Live Aquaria has for sale.
Granted it is over double the cost but you are buying from a reputable company with a 14 day guarantee.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversden/ItemDisplay.cfm?c=2733+3&ddid=302239

I am all about saving money, but not sure a fish with a price tag like this is worth the risk.

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From the guy selling: No there is no wholesaler involved, i dont see a wholesaler in the US will sell a gem tang at USD800 and consider it a deal. Price is FOB Mauritius, I ship from here, but before that you need to check very well with your broker about custom clearance. I will send you health certificates. Better is order some other fish as well so as you cover your shipping charges, or group order with some friends. I have other fish in stock, send you for wholesale price.

This is the same response I got.
I have been talking to them since last night I'm still talking to them now waiting on a list.

OP
OP
tj w

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the same response I got.
I have been talking to them since last night I'm still talking to them now waiting on a list.
I'm waiting on a list as well. That's funny. If it works out we may consider a group buy to save on shipping costs.

BetURWrasse

Dysfunctional Veteran
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SO maybe there is someone on here that is willing to work with a group of us for a small fee added on. Someone with the paperwork already.

BetURWrasse

Dysfunctional Veteran
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got he same responses as everyone else. There has to be someone on here willing to make a couple hundred dollars for a fee.

Well maybe not since they are wholesaling for more and then selling for double to triple.

The lowest I have been able to find is $1900. So even paying someone a couple hundred to act as the middle man would be nice.

OP
OP
tj w

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Abilene tx. Need to find out how all this would work out.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back