Gem tang listing on eBay

BetURWrasse

Dysfunctional Veteran
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At this point many of us have talked to him and said we would take it out side of the eBay thing. It'll be interesting how this plays out.

Maybe I'll just do a gem and Borbonius thru @NYAquatic

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What you folks are failing to realize is that the cost of the gem tang is not where the high price comes from. I don't know exactly the price from a collector but I guarantee its a fraction of $800. The reason the cost is so high is because the amount of money it takes to import the fish. Go ahead and buy this tang if you want, it makes no difference to me. You will learn first hand why a gem tang costs nearly $2,000 because you will end up with more than that invested in the slight chance this fish arrives alive. Ebay/paypal will be of no assistance if things go wrong because this is an international ordeal. Roll the dice if you want though.

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pete I understand all of this I bring fish in every Sunday we are just trying something.
I for one is not buying or bidding on eBay I have been in direct contact since yesterday

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This thread has crossed into advertising for a non sponsor and since he came here to respond it has turned into something else. Some posts have to be pulled. It's only fair to paying sponsors. I am leaving the thread up for now. If it goes back to advertising we will have to close the thread. Please don't share links in posts and the seller who signed up will not be responding either. Thanks.

Rtorres508

Reefer 250
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've done a couple group in the past with people in the NY area. Unfortunately, the guy who's was able to go in and deal with fish and wildlife moved to Australia. But It cost us a minimum of 7 boxes @ $165 a box & $15 packing. Only place we were able to buy from was Bali, which was an amazing list!!! Powder blues for $3.95, yellow tangs for 1.55, several different types of wrasse for 5-15 each! The best was ordering 25 flasher tilefish @ 12.00 a piece and selling them for 75 each. It's amazing the markup these places charge. In the end, I really do hope it works out for you pareet and your business! Let me not forget about my gem tang;)

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A plus is that you get $10.20 in Ebay bucks $$$$$

FDAWG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Parmeet I thought you wanted to help save the species of Mauritius.

fbpost.JPG

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This really seems to me that the collectors only intention here is to find an import source to ship these fish to and charge way more than what the importers are currently paying.

Nick92515

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think ebay or PayPal buyer guarantee covers live items. I didn't read all 5 pages of comments but I am putting that out there. Another buyer had something die and ebay said no guarantee to Live items. Just check into that if buying through ebay.

blackgrouper79

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PayPal has a money back guarantee
My credit card has a customer satisfaction guarantee that I had to use when a vendor quit replying to me about a dead shipment. I wanted to work things but they just quit responding to my emails so I disputed the charges and was refunded. Just make sure you save all of your emails to and from this guy and make sure that the credit card you use will work with you incase you end up with a dead fish or nothing at all. I really hope this works out and would hope that this potential vendor gets a chance to start up his business using this sight. Hopefully they get a chance to become known because people from these small countries don't have the funds to advertise. So hopefully before the "rules" of this sight shut this guy down he'll get an in with someone and one day be able to advertise on this sight if thats what it takes. Cutting a few vampires out of the "supply chain" would be great!

I don't blame the collectors one bit for going around any part of the current supply chain! The collectors are getting screwed and are the ones putting their lives on the line and busting their a$$es for peanuts on the dollar--they are the ones doing all of the actual work.

OP
OP
tj w

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My credit card has a customer satisfaction guarantee that I had to use when a vendor quit replying to me about a dead shipment. I wanted to work things but they just quit responding to my emails so I disputed the charges and was refunded. Just make sure you save all of your emails to and from this guy and make sure that the credit card you use will work with you incase you end up with a dead fish or nothing at all. I really hope this works out and would hope that this potential vendor gets a chance to start up his business using this sight. Hopefully they get a chance to become known because people from these small countries don't have the funds to advertise. So hopefully before the "rules" of this sight shut this guy down he'll get an in with someone and one day be able to advertise on this sight if thats what it takes. Cutting a few vampires out of the "supply chain" would be great!

I don't blame the collectors one bit for going around any part of the current supply chain! The collectors are getting screwed and are the ones putting their lives on the line and busting their a$$es for peanuts on the dollar--they are the ones doing all of the actual work.
Very well said. Everyone has got to start somewhere. Thanks for sharing that!

Fish Biscuit

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So would you then need a permit, If you bought it direct for 799?

Yes you do. I am a Customs broker & have been doing this for over 20 years. I know this stuff.

For now, you may be able to do this yourself. Customs is in the process of switching to a new system, ACE. Fish & Wildlife is scheduled to go online this fall, that is the last I have seen of the timeline. I would think with ACE being mandatory, most wholesalers who are doing the clearances themselves will be forced to use a Customs broker. By the end of this year CBP is pulling the plug on ACS & everything that requires a Customs release along with releases from participating government agencies can only be done through ACE.

Right now you can file your import declaration with FWS online & pay your fees online as well. The import permit must be in place before the declaration is submitted. You need to look at the FWS website for information on importing wildlife, this is not as easy as you think it is. If truly want to do this I suggest contacting your local field office & speaking to a wildlife inspector. There is a great deal of work involved in this & I haven't even explained half of it.

You absolutely will not be able to import any fish without an import/export permit with Fish & Wildlife. It will be seized regardless of it being Cites listed or not.

Honestly between paying for airfreight & the permit & user fees alone, this fish will probably end up costing you almost an extra thousand dollars. A customs broker will not do this for cheap either as it is live animals & you will most likely be a one time importer.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back