0   0   0
Yes it is an ornate butterfly. Such a gorgeous fish

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to see you here. if you have time to read the thread most of the questions are posted. Thank you for joining

Elder1945

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to give him a chance as I know the island and the people and they don't have the same rip off attitude that North America has. I will go check out his facility and see for my self. As of now looks ok with some gray areas and questions.

In he end the seller is quite responsive to any questions and it quite open about what his plans are. If it ends up working out then it will only help local Mauritian's (this is a good thing) and we could all have better access to rare fish.

I hope to get a lot more information over the next few days.

OP
OP
tj w

tj w

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If u read the thread the seller has already answered some of your questions. I for one think it is a great idea by the collector. He's just looking to make more money than going through the whole seller. People will spend an obscene amount of money of lil booger frags why not give the guy a chance to sell his product with out being bashed

Rtorres508

Reefer 250
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll let you all know how it works out as I'm the highest bidder! For now lol. Btw, even if the auction ends at $510 the price of the fish is still $800 plus the $200 shipping.

Rtorres508

Reefer 250
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started my first salt water tank in 1995 and I'm still going strong! I've paid my dues to every aquarium shop from Brooklyn to Cali and a few islands!!! and if this works out I will let you all know that it is ok to buy fish at the price I used to pay before finding nemo ruined everything

deerhunter06

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll let you all know how it works out as I'm the highest bidder! For now lol. Btw, even if the auction ends at $510 the price of the fish is still $800 plus the $200 shipping.

you better read post 81 I don't think you are going to get your fish until he sorts out a lot of things. That's IF he does sort them out at all. I'm sure he's trying but there are rules I'm sure that don't make what he's trying to do a simple task.

NYAquatic

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
If I can contribute my $0.02
Importing 1 or 2 fish will NOT be economically feasible.
You're looking minimum $1500 between shipping and fees on both ends.
It's also a very difficult location to ship from (trust me, I know)
And you will need someone with an import license to handle the import, and that person would then need to be qualified to hold/repack/ship
Tall and expensive order.

On a brighter note, I have a shipment of gems coming in this weekend!!!!
Stay tuned
Prices you've NEVER seen before, trust me

Nuff said for now, LOL

zoomonster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like Gem tangs but certainly not the most desirable fish to me especially for the price (I am obsessed with color though and could care less about rarity). Easy to see why people who want them are looking for deals though with ridiculous pricing going on. I have seen a couple at LFS that sold for $3000. Of course then there's the sponsor here who promptly got ripped by readers when they were trying to show off one they listed on EBay for $5000. Just a guess but the actual collector would get something like $20 (if that) for the fish in normal channels. And people wonder why everyone is always trying to get rid of the middleman and why some collectors want to sell direct.

Rtorres508

Reefer 250
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to counteroffer with that seller on eBay but he wouldn't go lower than $3000. I didn't wanna pay the $2000 live aquaria was selling it for lol

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 91 48.7%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 57 30.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.7%
Back