Gen 1 Radion XR30 issue

VO3434

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ecotech Radion XR30 Gen 1
When I plug it in the lights go on quickly then off and fan remains running.. red/green light blinking... I have read that this may be a hardware issue.... my question is, can this be fixed WITHOUT sending to Ecotech? Think it would cost too much $$ to send in. Anyone have this issue that got fixed?
I hooked it up to my Reeflink and did a reset and all of that and still no help.
Thnks

_AV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fact that the fan is still running means that it's not failing due to overheating. I'm 99% sure it's a hardware issue. Could be a failed board component, or some corrosion. It's likely fixable, but will require some soldering equipment.
I recently fixed a similar problem with a newer light here:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/radion-lights-board-level-repair.774331/
Sending an old light to Ecotech at this point will not help at all as I believe they are no longer servicing anything older than Gen4 and instead offer a very very small discount towards a new light.

Where are you located? I'm thinking of offering an out of warranty mail-in repair service for these lights that would be more reasonable than ecotech and will actually get your gear working again.

OP
OP
VO3434

VO3434

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in Woodland Hills, SoCal 91364
Pm me and let me know the details. Thanks

Last edited:

kidrileynuvo30L

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fact that the fan is still running means that it's not failing due to overheating. I'm 99% sure it's a hardware issue. Could be a failed board component, or some corrosion. It's likely fixable, but will require some soldering equipment.
I recently fixed a similar problem with a newer light here:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/radion-lights-board-level-repair.774331/
Sending an old light to Ecotech at this point will not help at all as I believe they are no longer servicing anything older than Gen4 and instead offer a very very small discount towards a new light.

Where are you located? I'm thinking of offering an out of warranty mail-in repair service for these lights that would be more reasonable than ecotech and will actually get your gear working again.

following need help same issue

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 37 34.6%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 29 27.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back