General questions from a newcomer

chrissymoon

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 5, 2021
Messages
18
Reaction score
29
Location
Stroudsburg
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello :)

I recently “inherited” (for lack of better term) a 120 gallon tank from a friend. The tank has 4 clownfish, 1 blue velvet damsel, 1 yellow damsel, 1 wrasse and a lawnmower blenny. It also has a green carpet anemone.

I’m clueless when it comes to the anemone. Does it look healthy? Does it need anything special? How do I care for it?
Also, I’ve been doing a lot of reading about clownfish. Apparently having 4 is a bad idea. How do I know if there is something wrong with them or they’re unhappy in the tank?

thanks in advance.

13FB7E6E-A6EE-47FA-ADBD-C2F4E312081C.jpeg
 
Hard to say from the image. Good lighting, flow and occasional supplemental feeding along with stable water parameters.

Four clownfish can be perfectly fine. If they start attacking each other or dying you'll know you have a problem...
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new