Geometric pygmy hawk?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kate
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Kate

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
157
Reaction score
56
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I was wondering if any of you have gotten one of the Geometric Pygmy Hawks for your nano? Do they eat hermits or corals? They stay very small I've heard. Anybody?
 
They are very safe for your inverts. They are a tricky fish to keep though. If your buying from the LFS make sure its eating first. I loved my geo, but lost him after i got some sick clowns that wiped the tank out over the summer.
 
Thanks! :) I don't have that many inverts to get eaten, so its kind of important that the fish don't want to! :)
 
Thanks! :) I don't have that many inverts to get eaten, so its kind of important that the fish don't want to! :)

Mine was in a tank with a small group of pom pom crabs and a harlequin shrimp. He never even went near them. They are kind of secretive and will find a nook or two to hang out in.
 
My next question! I have an eight gallon biocube, with a Reno filstar 3 filter, which makes the water volume, around eleven gallons. I have one black and white clown, and one neon dottyback. Since I do weekly water changes, do you think I could get away with adding one of these fish too?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 41.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 8.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new