Geometric pygmy hawk?

Kate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I was wondering if any of you have gotten one of the Geometric Pygmy Hawks for your nano? Do they eat hermits or corals? They stay very small I've heard. Anybody?

Pitcom

Not Reef Safe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are very safe for your inverts. They are a tricky fish to keep though. If your buying from the LFS make sure its eating first. I loved my geo, but lost him after i got some sick clowns that wiped the tank out over the summer.

OP
OP
Kate

Kate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! :) I don't have that many inverts to get eaten, so its kind of important that the fish don't want to! :)

Pitcom

Not Reef Safe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! :) I don't have that many inverts to get eaten, so its kind of important that the fish don't want to! :)

Mine was in a tank with a small group of pom pom crabs and a harlequin shrimp. He never even went near them. They are kind of secretive and will find a nook or two to hang out in.

OP
OP
Kate

Kate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My next question! I have an eight gallon biocube, with a Reno filstar 3 filter, which makes the water volume, around eleven gallons. I have one black and white clown, and one neon dottyback. Since I do weekly water changes, do you think I could get away with adding one of these fish too?

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 58 42.3%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 67 48.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.8%
Back