Geometric Pygmy Hawkfish

jporter17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Captured this picture of my hawkfish yesterday playing around with the camera for some top down shots. These fish have one of the coolest personalities and always seem to be watching you if you're in front of the tank. They are actually part of the Anthia family and seem to be hardy and right at home in a reef aquarium. JP

IMG_9295.jpg

KenO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jeff, nice looking fish. I will need to do some research on it as I'm starting to stock my tanks.

On a different note, did you switch from Apex to GHL? If so, would you start a thread as to why you did? What you like about the GHL products, etc. If I'm wrong, just ingore me lol.

LiveWire

Master Electrician/Certified RODI Guru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great picture and great looking fish as well! I will be researching this fish as well and maybe the camera that you took the shot with also. What camera are you currently using?

OP
OP
jporter17

jporter17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great picture and great looking fish as well! I will be researching this fish as well and maybe the camera that you took the shot with also. What camera are you currently using?

This was taken with an older Canon 60D with a Canon 100mm macro lens. Bought it for my wife several years ago and didn't realize it would spark her getting into photography. Her hobby has now far exceeded my SW hobby in expenditures. JP

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back