Get Ready to Lose your Mind with WWC's Coral Maynia Live Sale! 3600+ corals at up to 80% off

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

October Sky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WWC doesn't do any of that funny business to my knowledge. They are just professional photographers. They will give you the par settings, spectrum and lighting equipment used. WWC is very transparent and helpful. Just shoot them an email with all of your questions.
This is the reason I attacked this sale, as opposed to going with others.

BirdFish5000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uh... I don't think that this one is healthy

1652756101487.png

Biokabe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do sellers (Not just WWC) ever really tell you exactly what settings they use to get the corals to look like that? I just assume they are using some type of post photo processing. Would be interesting to know what light brand/model and what settings they have it on when they take pictures. Also would be nice to know if that's just for the photo...or if they have been growing them on that setting.

You can go to Bulk Reef Supply's YouTube channel and find a series of videos they did with WWC documenting everything that WWC does for their corals, including placement, PAR, light settings, flow, nutrition and more. If you have Radions, you can ever download the exact lighting program that WWC uses.

You can quibble with WWC over price (and they can definitely be on the high side, especially if you buy at their regular prices), but their care (both coral and customer) is top shelf.

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, @WWC ! That is always so much dang fun. Looking forward to next year!

You are very welcome, however, next year?!? We hope you come back sooner than that! We'll have an even bigger live sale for our Anniversary in late July!

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@WWC So I’m seeing that bowerbankis do change color depending on their lighting. How can I get the kind of coloring that are in the wysiwyg pics here? Specifically for the blue hole
We use EcoTech Radions on the farm, and you can download our lighting schedule directly from our website. We also have schedules for AI lights.

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand the sale is over...I wanted to ask about the "mechanics" of the sale so I can be ready next time. I understand you need to purchase the shipping container beforehand...My question is about the links and how you "complete" your transaction to make sure you are the one getting the coral.

So you click on a link when they are posted...which opens another browser window/tab. Do you then have to log in, enter credit card info and such, and then complete the sale before anyone else? If someone does this on five corals for example...do you end up with five different transactions from WWC on your credit card? or does it place the item in a cart of sorts that you don't pay for the five corals until the end of the sale?
Stay tuned for our flash sale which will be a great chance to test it out. You want to have only 1 coral in your cart. Be sure to add the coral and check out as fast as you can. If you didn't get the coral, it means someone checked out before you. Each coral will be one transaction. Welcome to our live sales, and be sure to watch the video below for more info:

Fatmike92

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you snag the one we put up on the website yesterday? If not, you can give us a call to see if we can add one to your order.
No! I didn’t see it! And i missed the live sale ones.
If not no big deal I’ll just keep an eye out!

but I’ll give you guys a call. I’m adding stuff from eBay to my live sale purchase anyways

thank you!!

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No! I didn’t see it! And i missed the live sale ones.
If not no big deal I’ll just keep an eye out!

but I’ll give you guys a call. I’m adding stuff from eBay to my live sale purchase anyways

thank you!!
Your shipping module will cover you for any corals you add to your shipment like eBay or our store. Just let us know. Thanks!

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do sellers (Not just WWC) ever really tell you exactly what settings they use to get the corals to look like that? I just assume they are using some type of post photo processing. Would be interesting to know what light brand/model and what settings they have it on when they take pictures. Also would be nice to know if that's just for the photo...or if they have been growing them on that setting.
Photographer here, I use the same Radion lights for the photos that are used throughout our farm. The schedules can be found, and downloaded, on our website. I adjust the lighting spectrum accordingly to the type of coral I am shooting. Certain corals have colors that are seen better under blue lights while others would look washed out under blues. We don't have any secret techniques, and if you live in Florida, keep an eye out for when we do our Coral Photography classes!

Last edited:

WhitePanther93

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We use EcoTech Radions on the farm, and you can download our lighting schedule directly from our website. We also have schedules for AI lights.
thanks for the links, but I kave a kessil a360x and some blue reef brites over my tank. Unless I suddenly won a radion for my tank the downloads are unfortunately useless for me. Unless there’s a way to translate your settings to a kessil a360x.

PigDaddyF15E

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Photographer here, I use the same Radion lights for the photos that are used throughout our farm. The schedules can be found, and downloaded, on our website. I adjust the lighting spectrum accordingly to the type of coral I am shooting. Certain corals have colors that are seen better under blue lights while others would look washed out under blues. We don't have any secret techniques, and if you live in Florida, keep an eye out for when we do our Coral Photography classes!

Thanks for the reply. I meant to post earlier but work got busy. I didn't mean to sound like I was accusing anyone of doing shady stuff with lighting/post processing...my bad. I meant it from the standpoint of "dang! I'm jealous" "I wish I could take pictures like that". I live in the panhandle...so I'll start greasing the skids for a "visit" to attend one of those classes.

PigDaddyF15E

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks for the links, but I kave a kessil a360x and some blue reef brites over my tank. Unless I suddenly won a radion for my tank the downloads are unfortunately useless for me. Unless there’s a way to translate your settings to a kessil a360x.
I have 2 x AP9X's...and I'd love to know how to get those awesome colors I see on WWC.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 33 30.3%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 22.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back