Get water params from apex fusion

coastal_kid

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm using telegraf to pull probe and outlet information from my local apex.
I would like to get be able to get the water parameters out of Apex Fusion as well.
Does anyone have a script to go grab the params?

1594675534622.png

U

User1

View Badges
If you are calling the datalog.xml you will get everything. The docs should provide an example on how to call it.

Edit: example -
http://replace_with_your_local_ip_of_apex/cgi-bin/datalog.xml

This should give you current data starting at midnight.

http://replace_with_your_local_ip_of_apex/cgi-bin/datalog.xml?sdate=200701&days=5

sdate = the date at which you want to start pulling data (July 1, 2020)
days = the number of days you want to pull data for (July 6, 2020)

You should be able to pull that into grafana or whatever you are doing. I put it into excel.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
coastal_kid

coastal_kid

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are calling the datalog.xml you will get everything. The docs should provide an example on how to call it.

Edit: example -
http://replace_with_your_local_ip_of_apex/cgi-bin/datalog.xml

This should give you current data starting at midnight.

http://replace_with_your_local_ip_of_apex/cgi-bin/datalog.xml?sdate=200701&days=5

sdate = the date at which you want to start pulling data (July 1, 2020)
days = the number of days you want to pull data for (July 6, 2020)

You should be able to pull that into grafana or whatever you are doing. I put it into excel.

Thank you.
I am looking for the "lab" values that we enter manually through the Apex Fusion app: alk, calcium, and mg. I don't think these are ever stored on the controller itself. I haven't seen them in any of the log files.

I looked in the The Apex comprehensive Reference and found outlog.xml, but after reading your post and I looked some more and found multiple log files:
  • outlog.xml
  • datalog.xml
  • program.xml
  • status.xml

U

User1

View Badges
Thank you.
I am looking for the "lab" values that we enter manually through the Apex Fusion app: alk, calcium, and mg. I don't think these are ever stored on the controller itself. I haven't seen them in any of the log files.

I looked in the The Apex comprehensive Reference and found outlog.xml, but after reading your post and I looked some more and found multiple log files:
  • outlog.xml
  • datalog.xml
  • program.xml
  • status.xml

Correct, you have the right ones there. I'm not sure there is an option for the values we, the hobbyists, enter. Looking at the docs I don't believe there is an exposed API / web service to extract manual entries. Datalog.xml provides the Trident results which is what I thought you are after. My apologies.

If you haven't maybe send Neptune support a request and see what they suggest or if it is possible.

Log Names
• Outlog – every time the Apex changes the state of an outlet a record is written to this log. If no outlet ever changed state you would have zero records in this log. A new log is started daily at midnight. Log is
named “yymmdd.odat”.

• Datalog – records probe value snapshots (Temp, pH, ORP, etc.) based on the logging interval you define (default = 20 minutes). You can change the interval via the Display module under Data Log – Log Interval. A new log is started daily at midnight. Log is named “yymmdd.pdat”.

• Program – XML report of your current program statements by outlet. Runs real-time when you request it. Before version 4.02 and the ability to backup your programs, this was a good report to save somewhere in case you needed to reprogram your outlets.

• Status – Really more of a real-time report. It has two sections. The first is a record of the most recent power fail event (could be days old) and the second records the current outlet states and probe values. This is the data that is used for the Status screen.

OP
OP
coastal_kid

coastal_kid

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct, you have the right ones there. I'm not sure there is an option for the values we, the hobbyists, enter. Looking at the docs I don't believe there is an exposed API / web service to extract manual entries. Datalog.xml provides the Trident results which is what I thought you are after. My apologies.

If you haven't maybe send Neptune support a request and see what they suggest or if it is possible.

I found a thread that indicates Neptune does not publish the Fusion API:

I could use curl instead of a browser to send the requests to Fusion. I'd get back the data as HTML.
But I'm not a web guy and I doubt I'll invest the time to figure it out.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 35.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 23.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 8.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 5.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 21 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back