Getting back in the hobby need advice IM 30l aio

Nommarune

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey,

My name is Mike. I'm setting up a nano tank again getting back into the hobby. I ran coraline 3 bar t5s on my last build, but I want better growth out of a mixed reef this time. Upgrading g return pump to jebao Dcw 2000 and I was going to do ocean revive lighting, but I came across the current usa ice pro loop bundle with dual bars for a much better deal. I know people complain about the light setup as far as output from a single bar, but being that my tank is only 12in deep if I run dual bars I would have more than enough light wouldnt I? Want to grow zoe's lps montis and anemones like rock flowers. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Dcal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey,

My name is Mike. I'm setting up a nano tank again getting back into the hobby. I ran coraline 3 bar t5s on my last build, but I want better growth out of a mixed reef this time. Upgrading g return pump to jebao Dcw 2000 and I was going to do ocean revive lighting, but I came across the current usa ice pro loop bundle with dual bars for a much better deal. I know people complain about the light setup as far as output from a single bar, but being that my tank is only 12in deep if I run dual bars I would have more than enough light wouldnt I? Want to grow zoe's lps montis and anemones like rock flowers. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
so everyone kinda hates on the current lights but similar to you I ran one over my 20 long (12 inches deep) and grew softies and rock flowers great. depending on what the price is there probably is a better light that you can find, but the current ones especially with the double bar is definitely a solid option

OP
OP
Nommarune

Nommarune

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so everyone kinda hates on the current lights but similar to you I ran one over my 20 long (12 inches deep) and grew softies and rock flowers great. depending on what the price is there probably is a better light that you can find, but the current ones especially with the double bar is definitely a solid option
Would it be good for across? The other thing I was looking at was the ai16 HD but I cant decide if I would need 1 or 2 on an arm mount.

Dcal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would it be good for across? The other thing I was looking at was the ai16 HD but I cant decide if I would need 1 or 2 on an arm mount.
1 current usa light is pushing 200+ par at surface so it should support most. will you be getting the fastest growth ever? probably not.

stylos/poccilopora and monti caps all did great for me

OP
OP
Nommarune

Nommarune

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 current usa light is pushing 200+ par at surface so it should support most. will you be getting the fastest growth ever? probably not.

stylos/poccilopora and monti caps all did great for me
Thanks!! Maybe I will try that then since its 197 for two with mount and loop with pump lol

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 154 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back